Generic Update: Charlie Miller - 2012 WR- Vero Beach High

SFbayCane

All American
I know several here have tried to keep an eye on this kid. He's a first year football player with bigtime wheels and above average natural ball skills. Mik21 talked this kid up after seeing him live several times last season. According to Bakas, UM took a quick peek at him and wasnt interested. I sniffed him out online last nite & thought I'd post an update for anyone interested.

He visited Minnesota & was offered.

He was scheduled to visit Wisconsin but the trip fell through due to his basketball schedule. The folks on the Wisconsin board arent sure if the trip will get rescheduled. He was not offered by Wisconsin.

He is currently scheduled to visit Ga Tech (who has offered) next weekend. Acoording to the last I read, his final two are UCF and Ga Tech & he'll decide after the GT visit.

For a 1st year football kid that came out of nowhere, ending up at either UCF or Ga Tech aint bad. My gut still tells me this kid should be part of this class, but not a critical loss by any stretch, just SFbay's gut feel (and if you've seen my gut lately,... :)

Good luck to the kid!!

Advertisement
Picking up Lockhart and having Waters seemingly on board I don't think there is room for another WR. Miller will definitely be a kid to watch, hoping he can make a name for himself somewhere.

Agreed, Diego.

As a fan of Florida football, I kinda hope this kid ends up at UCF instead of Ga Tech. Yes, its mid-major versus BCS but IMO I'd rather see a local kid stay in state. UCF seems like a good fit. USF too, perhaps.

If we are gonna take one last wide receiver...I'd be all for Davonte Mathis.

Advertisement
I just think we're missing a true home run hitter in this class....a guy in the Travis Benjamin Mold. Miller seems to be that type and he has some size.

According to my preliminary count, we're recruiting 83 players this year, and already have 17 on scholastic scholarships, 7 on track scholarships, another 23 on tiddly-winks scholarships, and we're going to start packing the baseball roster next.

He'll fit.

Advertisement
Here's what I find interesting about Charlie Miller's speed: In his recruiting video he is listed as a 4.4 kid. When Bakas posted about the kid he said the kid was a 4.6 kid. I have to wonder if the kid really got worked out by our staff or if they just asked around. I have no idea what his actual 40 time is but the kid sure seems to gain separation on everyone in his video.

Too bad we don't seem to have room. I've heard nothing but good things about him on and off the field.

Speaking of Vero Beach football, Anyone remember the recruitment of a safety named Larry Franklin? He wound up at Vandy and shirted last year. His girlfriend works in my office and I met him last week. He would have loved an offer from Miami. Seems like another good kid with some smarts. He certainly passes the eye test as his size is what I had hoped to see from VT coming into last year.

Advertisement
Back