General recruiting question

kryptonite

AARP
How does a staff decide on late offers? I always see posters saying this or that kid NEEDS an offer and it got me thinking.

Say a team has a list of 5 RBs, any 2 of which they will accept on the spot. #4 is committed, but the staff wants 1 more. They think #2 is interested but he's slow playing them. Fans are calling for an offer for a kid the staff ranks #8 , but who says he'd commit on the spot. Do they offer #8 to have a guy or wait on #2 ? Do they worry about scaring off #2 , or take both then tell one to kick rocks?

Now obviously there are a ton of other factors that go into a situation like this, I'm just looking for info on how a staff decides these kinds of things.

Advertisement
How does a staff decide on late offers? I always see posters saying this or that kid NEEDS an offer and it got me thinking.

Say a team has a list of 5 RBs, any 2 of which they will accept on the spot. #4 is committed, but the staff wants 1 more. They think #2 is interested but he's slow playing them. Fans are calling for an offer for a kid the staff ranks #8 , but who says he'd commit on the spot. Do they offer #8 to have a guy or wait on #2 ? Do they worry about scaring off #2 , or take both then tell one to kick rocks?

Now obviously there are a ton of other factors that go into a situation like this, I'm just looking for info on how a staff decides these kinds of things.

Number two. Haha.

Advertisement
Back