GCote: “Al Golden sees Air Force flyovers calling 4 his job”

Cane2

Band
Banned

Greg Cote: “Al Golden sees a small Air Force of flyovers calling for his job”
Add in the Cincinnati trap game before FSU week, and you have an Al Golden hunkering with a slew of new Goldenisms.

“I think we got to go to the well right now. We have to use that reservoir and just stay focused…”

“I think our leadership, the consistency going all the way back to January — what type of team we want to be — and just having a consistent approach every day, no distractions, block it all out,”

“It’s the whole thing. We’ve got to learn how to do it. What a great challenge for us just to go one day at a time and we did that.”

“I thought the guys were great. Gave them three days off. I thought we came back with a lot of energy yesterday and now we have money down practice on the red zone today. ”

“Really, you just hope the leaders and everybody can just stay focused on today. Forget about even Thursday night. We got a lot we have to learn today about Cincinnati and just take it one step at a time.”

"Forget about even Thursday night" Gotta get a translator with these quotes. This has got some serious Zen stuff here way above my orthodox pay grade. But for the sake of the players I hope they are Zen disciples and locked in.

Advertisement
It's like he reads a Tony Robbins book a week, picks out random quotes and pastes them into his binder. I've never experienced anything like this in all my years of watching football. He's like a North Korean politician when it comes to staying on message come **** or high water.

It's like he used a Dilbert resume generator customized for coaches to reply to the media.

Advertisement
It's like he reads a Tony Robbins book a week, picks out random quotes and pastes them into his binder. I've never experienced anything like this in all my years of watching football. He's like a North Korean politician when it comes to staying on message come **** or high water.

Al Golden is using these interviews as mass marketing campaigns to AD's across the country that want someone to resurrect their program to be at least a mid-major status. Golden is hedging his bet for if/when he gets fired by Miami.

Go Canes

Advertisement
It is one thing for a coach to tell team to block out distractions, it is a whole other thing for the coach to BE the distraction. Remove Al and the distractions are gone.

Advertisement
It's like he reads a Tony Robbins book a week, picks out random quotes and pastes them into his binder.

I think it's more like he follows Jayden Smith on twitter.

11apr2015-jaden-smith-quotes.png

Advertisement

Greg Cote: “Al Golden sees a small Air Force of flyovers calling for his job”
Add in the Cincinnati trap game before FSU week, and you have an Al Golden hunkering with a slew of new Goldenisms.

“I think we got to go to the well right now. We have to use that reservoir and just stay focused…”

“I think our leadership, the consistency going all the way back to January — what type of team we want to be — and just having a consistent approach every day, no distractions, block it all out,”

“It’s the whole thing. We’ve got to learn how to do it. What a great challenge for us just to go one day at a time and we did that.”

“I thought the guys were great. Gave them three days off. I thought we came back with a lot of energy yesterday and now we have money down practice on the red zone today. ”

“Really, you just hope the leaders and everybody can just stay focused on today. Forget about even Thursday night. We got a lot we have to learn today about Cincinnati and just take it one step at a time.”

"Forget about even Thursday night" Gotta get a translator with these quotes. This has got some serious Zen stuff here way above my orthodox pay grade. But for the sake of the players I hope they are Zen disciples and locked in.

This is what ****es me off. We shouldn't rely on "money downs" to score a ******* touchdown. Get this fat fvck out of here already.

Unity > Adversity [University kills adversity] /QUOTE]

That was the catch line after UM survived Nebraska in OT and the reason given by Golden and his spinmeisters, including players, why they won. Funny thing is that they forgot that one play by one Corn Elder after an errant pass by NU QB. 1 play, then an avalanche of lines about staying together, as though Golden had to keep his players together for another half of game adversity! 1 freaking play...

Advertisement
Back