Gaytors

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
Never f-ing fails. The Gaytors, with a coach selected at random from the stands, and players selected from the WEZ chin strappers clique, (their guard, "Cholo" being a perfect example, he posts over there) advance while we tap out.

It just sucks. Every Year.

I hate it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
But the ALWAYS advance farther in the tournament than us.
Oh do they? Including 2016 when they didn't even make the tournament? Dudes come out of nowhere to complain when they know absolutely nothing. I swear some of the dumbest people on the planet post on this board. You're one of them.

They advance farther in the tournament than us every time. Fact. Obviously, they didn't when they weren't in it. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

They had no team this year, a guard named "Cholo", and they are playing tomorrow, while we are the highlight losers of the Tournamen so far.

They advance farther in the tournament than us every time. Fact. Obviously, they didn't when they weren't in it. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

They had no team this year, a guard named "Cholo", and they are playing tomorrow, while we are the highlight losers of the Tournamen so far.
Dude.. what? So because they weren't in the tourney in 2016, us making it to the sweet 16 doesn't count as doing better than them? I'm guessing you didn't go to Miami because you can't think clearly.

Dude.. what? So because they weren't in the tourney in 2016, us making it to the sweet 16 doesn't count as doing better than them? I'm guessing you didn't go to Miami because you can't think clearly.

Lol, is this "Bomb"?

Advertisement
The Gators lost to this time worse than we did..

*team

This sums up the mindset of this board. People still don't get that the only thing that matters in college basketball is the tournament. Florida lost to Loyola Chicago in December? Cute. They have a game tomorrow, March 17th.

*team

This sums up the mindset of this board. People still don't get that the only thing that matters in college basketball is the tournament. Florida lost to Loyola Chicago in December? Cute. They have a game tomorrow, March 17th.
Autocorrect.

And don't act like you know the mindset of the board. ******* duh the tourney is the most important part. We have a genius over here. The point was that they advanced because they had a better matchup than we did. Had they played Loyola again they probably would have lost. We weren't going far in the tourney regardless.

Some of you guys can't get over a loss. They happen to teams, especially those that already had 9 losses. We lost to a similar team in New Mexico State already. Yes, this was a bigger stage, but losses happen.

There's no point to this thread except to cry over UF having a better overall program than us, which extends to long before Coach L arrived. We are on our way up, though.

Autocorrect.

And don't act like you know the mindset of the board. ******* duh the tourney is the most important part. We have a genius over here. The point was that they advanced because they had a better matchup than we did. Had they played Loyola again they probably would have lost. We weren't going far in the tourney regardless.

Some of you guys can't get over a loss. They happen to teams, especially those that already had 9 losses. We lost to a similar team in New Mexico State already. Yes, this was a bigger stage, but losses happen.

There's no point to this thread except to cry over UF having a better overall program than us, which extends to long before Coach L arrived. We are on our way up, though.

This is EXACTLY what was being said on the baseball board. "Losing a home regional isn't that big of a deal." "Losing another home regional isn't that big of a deal." Next thing you know, we're missing the tournament that we had made 44 straight times.

F'ing mopes care about a man more than they care about the program.

We are on our way up???? Since beating #14 and #11 before getting blown out in the Sweet 16, we have lost two first round games. And we have no recruiting class.

This is EXACTLY what was being said on the baseball board. "Losing a home regional isn't that big of a deal." "Losing another home regional isn't that big of a deal." Next thing you know, we're missing the tournament that we had made 44 straight times.

F'ing mopes care about a man more than they care about the program.

We are on our way up???? Since beating #14 and #11 before getting blown out in the Sweet 16, we have lost two first round games. And we have no recruiting class.
Uhh you're on the basketball board, not the baseball board. And baseball has historically been really good. False equivalency to compare the two.

Yes, we're on the way up still. We lost to the eventual champions who were blowing out every team in 2016.. big deal. In 2013 we beat the #15 and #7 seeds before losing by 10 to the #3.

Going to the tourney 3 years in a row is ******* huge for our program. You can build on that. I don't see why Coach L can't.

Advertisement
My point is, even with a clown coach, and a half *** team (see "Cholo", the guard from the WEZ), they always do better than us, (WHEN BOTH TEAMS ARE IN THE TOURNEY).

It just amplifies the suck factor, was my point for the thread.

And claiming we had a bad draw is no excuse. I saw every TNT host on the selection show claim St Bonaventure, after beating UCLA, would roll over UF.

We didnt have a bad draw when as a 2 seed we tapped out to Marquette in the S16, and a half *** UF team made the E8.

Uhh you're on the basketball board, not the baseball board. And baseball has historically been really good. False equivalency to compare the two.

It actually proves my point. The "nothing to see here, everything is fine" mantra blew up on people on the baseball board, and they don't come around anymore. You're doing the exact same thing. "It's just one loss, we're getting better". F all that. We're barely above mediocre and many of us expect our teams to be better.

Yes, we're on the way up still. We lost to the eventual champions who were blowing out every team in 2016.. big deal. In 2013 we beat the #15 and #7 seeds before losing by 10 to the #3.

Yeah, none of that means we're on the way up. We were able to beat #15 seeds and we were able to get blown out by a great team. Nothing about that says "moving up".

Going to the tourney 3 years in a row is ******* huge for our program. You can build on that. I don't see why Coach L can't.

Because we've won exactly one tough NCAA tournament game in his tenure at Miami and we have no recruits to add to a team that looked lost.

It actually proves my point. The "nothing to see here, everything is fine" mantra blew up on people on the baseball board, and they don't come around anymore. You're doing the exact same thing. "It's just one loss, we're getting better". F all that. We're barely above mediocre and many of us expect our teams to be better.

Yeah, none of that means we're on the way up. We were able to beat #15 seeds and we were able to get blown out by a great team. Nothing about that says "moving up".

Because we've won exactly one tough NCAA tournament game in his tenure at Miami and we have no recruits to add to a team that looked lost.
This board is fairly empty until we lose, so maybe we should lose more. It is just one loss. How are we barely above mediocre?

We were able to beat #15 seeds and we were able to get blown out by a great team. Nothing about that says "moving up".
Ok, just leave out beating the #7 seed because it doesn't fit your argument.. And I'm not sure you understand what "moving up" entails. Did you know how bad we have been historically? Going to the sweet 16 and losing by 10 to a #3 seed is moving up when you used to rarely even make the tourney. And losing by 10 is not a blowout.

Advertisement
This board is fairly empty until we lose, so maybe we should lose more. It is just one loss. How are we barely above mediocre?

We lost the first game in a 64 team tournament. Again.

Ok, just leave out beating the #7 seed because it doesn't fit your argument..

How many times do I have to say "we won one tough game"? That would be against the #7 seed.

And I'm not sure you understand what "moving up" entails. Did you know how bad we have been historically? Going to the sweet 16 and losing by 10 to a #3 seed is moving up when you used to rarely even make the tourney. And losing by 10 is not a blowout.

"Moved up" and "moving up" are two different things. You're trying to compare 2016 to 2009. Awesome. Coach L made us better. But there is a concept of plateauing that we are currently watching. There is absolutely no sign that we are on track to be a Sweet 16 contender in the next couple of years.

We lost the first game in a 64 team tournament. Again.

How many times do I have to say "we won one tough game"? That would be against the #7 seed.

"Moved up" and "moving up" are two different things. You're trying to compare 2016 to 2009. Awesome. Coach L made us better. But there is a concept of plateauing that we are currently watching. There is absolutely no sign that we are on track to be a Sweet 16 contender in the next couple of years.

Well when I wrote that I was thinking of what you wrote in the other thread:
WE CAN'T WIN TOUGH GAMES IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT

Fine, we haven't moved up in the last 3 years technically. If you look at a coach's history in general though, it would be quite the leap to expect a team to go from historically below average, to suddenly increasing exponentially every year. Previously, we were going to the tournament every 5-6 years. Considering where we were, it wouldn't be unreasonable to hope for a coach to go to the tourney 3 times in 7 years, and from there go more and more frequently. It takes time to build a program from ****.

To me, the fact that we have gone 3 times in a row is promising. We have to build on that, but there is no reason to panic right now. It is much harder to get a team from consistently absent from the tournament to frequent attendees, than it is to go from barely losing in the round of 64, to making the sweet 16 and beyond consistently imo.

Florida returned most of a team that almost went to the Final Four last year. They may have underachieved this season but they are way more battle tested than we are.

Advertisement
Back