Gattis to Ga Tech???

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m sure a wide open offense is right around the corner after Gattis knowing Mario.

Can anyone who understands football please explain to me how the MTSU DL absolutely pushed our OL around??? That’s the most baffling thing to me. We held our own against aTm but then this against MTSU????
Roman over at OBB did a decent film breakdown and it was mostly a numbers game. They were stacking the box and stunting, and simply had more guys rushing than we had defending. The exception was Oluwaseun. He was routinely getting abused for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Al Golden returning to the ACC Coastal and beating our asses with a less talented GT team is probably one of the few things that could get me to consider quitting this hobby.
wouldn't happen.

think how easy it would be to score with 1st and goal, with his LB's lining up in the back of the end zone

GTech consider themselves blue bloods in academics. Not a chance they would hire Deion.
I couldn't even get their athletic department alumni donors to have a meeting for me to explain how NIL works because they felt it was beneath their standing to entice anyone to Tech using money.
Tech is the ACC equivalent of Vanderbilt and they are satisfied with that. They want to be competitive but their image as an institution is preeminent and Deion does not provide that image.

UVa and Duke say: "hold my beer"

Advertisement
I for one think you guys are overreacting...

We need to give Gattis at least 2-3 more seasons to recruit his players & integrate them into the system before we can judge him so harshly...

I mean to be fair, Middle Tennessee ST does have a really good Defense, like one of the best in the country & when you have a roster full of South FL divas how you can expect to win with that? I mean those dudes barely even know how to read, let alone to follow along a complex playbook.

Not to mention, our best player Xavier Restrepo is out & unlike the rest of those South FL divas, he actually shows up plays with toughness & high IQ, he’s the first man in & the last one out, real lunch-pale mentality, he’s a like Coach on the field...

****!

somebody accidentally used the scratchy toilet paper this morning!

:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

GTech consider themselves blue bloods in academics. Not a chance they would hire Deion.
I couldn't even get their athletic department alumni donors to have a meeting for me to explain how NIL works because they felt it was beneath their standing to entice anyone to Tech using money.
Tech is the ACC equivalent of Vanderbilt and they are satisfied with that. They want to be competitive but their image as an institution is preeminent and Deion does not provide that image.

Fortunately for Tech they just fired their AD as well. Hopefully these kinds of mistakes are rectified by the new leadership they bring in. But I do think some of the old guard there would not be anywhere as high on Deion as many of the fans are.

Last edited:
GT will have to hire a new AD before they commit to a new HC, so Gattis wouldn't be leaving before the end of the season regardless. That said, Gattis' name comes pretty far down the list of potential candidates with what I've heard from those connected in the program.

Top 2 wants from the fanbase sound like Deion and Chadwell, but I'd put it at low probability that they roll the dice again on an unproven coach like Deion.

Advertisement
I’m sure a wide open offense is right around the corner after Gattis knowing Mario.

Yep.

We won't need ANY receivers.

Just put 10 big tater-eaters shoulder to shoulder, and run, run, run.

And admit it. No one has ever seen that before . . . that's called INNOVATION! From an Oline HC.

Watching mtsu offense pick us apart and then watching us try to put together 10 plus play drives to score and cut the lead to 14 is something i will have a hard time forgetting lmao
But time of possession!!!!

Pretty obvious the plan was for Ponce to takeover for Gattrash once he left for a head coaching gig. Now that he obviously sucks hopefully Mario realizes we need a true spread guru and abandons that plan. If by some miracle Gattrash is shown the door before the end of the season Ponce will be calling plays. The base O would be tge same as you can't completely change midseason but maybe Ponce would have a better feel for when to call what and add some wrinkles
I totally agree

I would not be shattered if he took it.
If Ga Tech is so smart and a stem school. What makes you think after MTSU last saturday that they would hire Gattis? They are smart enough to know you have to score to win the game.

Advertisement
Back