Gattis Discusses RPO Game

It was more so for the Run game to get an idea of the Pin & Pull runs we’ll be using.

The passing game is a lot of clear out crossers & HB Option routes out of the backfield.
I’ve been optimistic on Gattis’ pass concepts, mostly because of what they were doing at Bama AND the fact that McNamara threw the ball off a lineman’s head in the first pass of the game.

I hope my optimism isn’t misplaced.

Advertisement
I’ve been optimistic on Gattis’ pass concepts, mostly because of what they were doing at Bama AND the fact that McNamara threw the ball off a lineman’s head in the first pass of the game.

I hope my optimism isn’t misplaced.
It’s just a matter of philosophical shift...

We’ll have a lot more intermediate & seam routes with clear outs, Z-stings & Y drag routes, shallow cross from Mesh etc.

The biggest question mark will be do we have the Deep Ball element to the Offense & how they’ll respond to certain Defensive looks...

SEASON has not started and people have doubts about gattis. UNREAL how the phylosophy change. Personally, I liked Lashlee.

SEASON has not started and people have doubts about gattis. UNREAL how the phylosophy change. Personally, I liked Lashlee.
I think the doubts are valid. He’s been an OC for three years. Two seasons his offense was below average and last year it was good. His one good season coincided with his offensive line winning the Joe Moore award for top line in the nation. I’m concerned that what he wants to doesn’t exactly correlate with Miami’s talent. The good news is, he’s said he will tailor his offense to the available talent on a few occasions already. I’m willing to give him the opportunity to do so. His record as an offensive coordinator is limited. I can only base an opinion on what he’s done in the past.

I’m still burnt by Dan Enos coming here, claiming he was going to run a “spread coast” system, only to see him run an antiquated pro system. He had one of the worst offensive lines in the country but insisted on running a style that requires having a great line.

Advertisement
I'm really optimistic about Gattis but if our offense looks like the one in that Penn State game then people are going to go nuclear on this site. If it's a close game or we're behind and he's running heavy instead of letting Van Dyke throw it's going to get rough.

Lashlee did some great things but this offense can do great things too.
I think we will be much better in short yardage, redzone and utilizing TEs.

I like Gattis. I think he’s a very creative play caller when it comes to running the rock. At Michigan he didn’t have any confidence in his QB room. But coming to Miami with TVD I think he knows he has something special and will try to get him drafted in the first round. With that being said though, we don’t have any Wide Receivers that can go in the league and produce on day one so keep that in mind. GO CANES.
Yep

Advertisement
Back