Gase and Fins show Richt formula for turning around offense

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium
Tannehill and Bradley are similar in a lot of ways in terms of pocket awareness (obviously Tanny has more mobility). Gase revaluated his offense and made big changes that are working.

1. Take some of the decision making away from the qb (that means no RichtPO)

2. Run first (Yearby is better back), pass off play action

3. Slow down the offense. No more no huddle, use all of clock between snaps. Helps settle down the offense and get everyone on same page. More importantly, it gives the defense a chance to breath even if the offense doesn't pick up a first down. This is the biggest change needed as our defense is running back on the field about 2 min after getting off it since the O keeps getting three and outs in the hurry up.

Caveat is that since ACC Coastal is out of reach, Richt has to decide if he wants more wins with a different offensive style or get players more comfortable for running the RPO since it looks like that's the offense he wants to run in the future, even if it means taking more Ls this season.

Advertisement
Tannehill and Bradley are similar in a lot of ways in terms of pocket awareness (obviously Tanny has more mobility). Gase revaluated his offense and made big changes that are working.

3. Slow down the offense. No more no huddle, use all of clock between snaps. Helps settle down the offense and get everyone on same page. More importantly, it gives the defense a chance to breath even if the offense doesn't pick up a first down. This is the biggest change needed as our defense is running back on the field about 2 min after getting off it since the O keeps getting three and outs in the hurry up.

Caveat is that since ACC Coastal is out of reach, Richt has to decide if he wants more wins with a different offensive style or get players more comfortable for running the RPO since it looks like that's the offense he wants to run in the future, even if it means taking more Ls this season.

#2 is right out. Part of the problem is that Richt tries to establish the run and our OL can't handle it. The rest of the problem is that the OL can't give Kayaa enough time to go with pass to open up the run.

I thought Tannehill was actually able to audible this year at the LOS? This was allegedly one of the things that made Gase a "slam dunk" over Failbin?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Do not refer to the team who has three players who can't get off their knees for the national anthem...And an owner who safely lives in opulance thanks to the sacrifices of others and won't cut them

Former Dolphin fan, Former NFL fan

The only reason the Dolphins have turned it around is because the O-Line got healthy. Playbook didn't really change except for that fact that Gase feels comfortable establishing the run.

Advertisement
The Fins key to turning around the offense was adding SEC OLinemen. We got one from LSU in George Brown. Add a couple more and we should be on the right path.

#2 is right out. Part of the problem is that Richt tries to establish the run and our OL can't handle it. The rest of the problem is that the OL can't give Kayaa enough time to go with pass to open up the run.

Seems like Walton is the main back and Yearby comes into spell him. I think it would be more effective the other way around, Yearby is more physical and can pick up YAC, Walton is faster but seems to miss holes and go down easily. I'd have Yearby (and Edwards) pound the rock inside and start wearing down the defense, then have Walton fresh late in the game when the defense is tired out, which will open up opportunities for big runs. Are we man blocking on the line at all or is it basically zone blocking 100% of the time?

IMG_8179.jpg
Need this man as O-Line coach or Offensive coordinator.

Advertisement
Now I get why he has bomb in his screen name , he continues to bomb on his porsts and trolling .

Do not refer to the team who has three players who can't get off their knees for the national anthem...And an owner who safely lives in opulance thanks to the sacrifices of others and won't cut them

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry you misread it as national ANTMAN and were laughing at your own miniscule dyck

Advertisement
LOL!!! Fins have four 1st rd picks that start at OL. Finally all healthy playing together and why they are having some success. That said, Tannehill is still average at best and the team is average. Many of the same deficiencies Tannehill has, so does Kaaya.

I think removing some of the decision making from the RPO would be a good start - for now. I feel like a few of the really good looking drives they've had this year had dedicated runs or passes from the get go.

Definitely need to stop running out of the gun/RPO. Get Herndon, Njoku and the big FB in there. They are good run blockers. As bad as this OL is I think they are better fit to be blocking downhill.

I also wouldn't mind slowing down the pace or mixing up the pace rather than running purely a no huddle attack. Nothing worse than the 30 second 3 and out drives. All that does is wear down our banged up defense.

OP is correct IMO. Slow down and run the offense. No sense in rushing plays just to get the tempo up. Get the alignments right, the proper personnel on the field, and run the plays that will work. It does help that Ajayi (who I've never liked much) now has holes to run through. Big difference when your OL functions properly. The Dolphins have looked like a different team the last 2 weeks.

I will add that they should keep some variation of the RPO. I mean if you line up in a run formation and they have the box loaded and you see off coverage by the DBs by all means have the option to throw a quick hitch for positive yardage.

Also get back to the I formation and let Marquez Williams open up some holes for our RBs.

Advertisement
Back