Garrald McDowell

ESPN 150 DT from Covington, LA

6'3", 257

In a recent interview with ESPN, "I don’t have any favorites, but I would like to visit OU, Miami (Fla.), Alabama, Ole Miss and USC."

Could just be a vacation and he seems like a tough pull from SEC territory, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

[video=youtube;CpBgAqAbtDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpBgAqAbtDc[/video]

Advertisement
If we win this year, we will start landing some of these kids. Couple that with our depth chart and the opportunity is too good IMHO.

Advertisement
He's the lightest of the top DTs, but Moten is only 265, and Olsen Pierre was 255 coming out of high school. The kid is 16 and a Junior. Plenty of time to put weight on his frame. Most of the heavier guys have a lot of bad weight anyway, and it doesn't look like he will have to struggle with that issue.

Advertisement
Didn't think I would like his video but I actually did. Not that I think he's real explosive or anything but he seems to have great reflex to change of direction. If adds that extra good weight he'll need to work on staying lower. He gets to high on the interior but that's something he'll learn. He's a guy I see needing to play 5 years in college to maximize his potential.

Porter and Pierre seem to be two of the strongest players on the defense. If they ball out it'd be huge to be able to show some of these kids tape of DT's actually producing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back