Game watching traditions

ajsgolf

Recruit
When you’re watching a Hurricanes game do you have a tradition you always follow which you feel gives them the best chance to win? Too bad we can’t affect the outcome even though we like to believe we do.

I can’t watch a game with someone who doesn’t have any knowledge of the sport. Actually prefer to watch the game alone. I often feel like I need to be standing with my arms crossed and not sitting down comfortably because I then feel I’m not contributing to the effort the Canes are putting out on the field. Will also never eat when watching, too intense and have absolutely no appetite.

Anyone else? :)

Advertisement
I started making my wife leave the house this season during Canes games. She came back early from Black Friday shopping during the Pitt game. FML

I already made sure she has plans with her friends Saturday night.

When you’re watching a Hurricanes game do you have a tradition you always follow which you feel gives them the best chance to win? Too bad we can’t affect the outcome even though we like to believe we do.

I can’t watch a game with someone who doesn’t have any knowledge of the sport. Actually prefer to watch the game alone. I often feel like I need to be standing with my arms crossed and not sitting down comfortably because I then feel I’m not contributing to the effort the Canes are putting out on the field. Will also never eat when watching, too intense and have absolutely no appetite.

I'm usually on the edge of the couch or standing with arms crossed. Drink the same beer normally too, Cigar City Jai Alai. The orange and green can goes well and it goes down smooth.

Also wear the same color Canes' shirt as the jerseys we're wearing that day.

I prefer to kick back, try to relax, pour a few good beers, and watch the Canes blow a team out. Unfortunately, of late whenever I do that, we seem to suck. We've done better when I'm nervously on the edge of my seat hanging on every play...so maybe I'll do that Saturday night.

Since the FSU game, I've watched every game except for the Virginia Tech game (since I went to it) at home on my couch wearing this same torn and worn out UM shirt that I've owned since my freshman year of college. The shirt is honestly not suitable to wear out in public so for Virginia Tech, I wore it under my turnover chain shirt. Last week I got dragged out to go out to the park/black friday with my family, got home during the 3rd quarter and put the shirt on, but it was too late. I'll make sure I have it ready to go this weekend, going to have it on all day.

Advertisement
Two kinds of wings, potato salad, smoked fish spread, saltine s, buffalo shrimp, fries, start of with sweetwater 420 and Stella, 30-45 minutes before the game slam a monster ultra zero with vodka, then when game starts Cigar City's Jai Alai and Jack and Cokes

And no shaving beard.

I like to watch the games alone. Canes gear on. Phone turned off. I'm the 12th man for sure.

I like to watch the games alone. Canes gear on. Phone turned off. I'm the 12th man for sure.

This minus the phone off. I text with indyfarthauz and post in game day thread.

I don't like anyone around , I bounce from couch , to floor to recliner all game. Then pace non stop during close games.

Advertisement
How about skipping family birthday plans to watch the game. Niece birthday party, they're all FSU fans, double whammy, will have ramifications later, don't care. Drinking Lazy Hiker Slack Pack IPA by myself and watching a Miami win!

I grill about 3 hours before every big game this year, been lucky so far. Eat whatever I grill wash it down with Hen and coke, burn one about 5 minutes before showtime and enjoy the game. I don't like anyone around and don't answer the phone during the game unless its one of my brothers who are die hards well.

I eat a lot before the game but during games nothing just watch. During games I usually don't talk much only to myself lol.

Up until this year, I always watched a few games with my mane @Natdogg. This year, because success has been high and we couldn’t get together for the first few games, I watch strictly alone, in my kitchen, by myself. I want no distractions or people around me. I let my wife get the living room with the big tv by herself and for the first time in years, she understands. I have a few beers before the game, and depending on how the game plays out, I drink or don’t drink. Regardless, a 12 pack of Saranac by my side as superstition.

Advertisement
No food. None.
Prefer no-one around. They don't get it anyway.
Usually standing in front of the TV in a LB stance, barking out what i think the opposition is going to run.
They hear me. I know it.

Two kinds of wings, potato salad, smoked fish spread, saltine s, buffalo shrimp, fries, start of with sweetwater 420 and Stella, 30-45 minutes before the game slam a monster ultra zero with vodka, then when game starts Cigar City's Jai Alai and Jack and Cokes

And no shaving beard.

If you do this before every game, you are both my idol and a lunatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Great thread because I think most of us fans do something. Here is mine:
Start out early around 10-noon with a couple stiff White Russians. Never later than 2 pm for later games.
I make Cajun Shrimp w/a Romulade sauce, BBQ Ribs and Jalapeno Poppers.
I invite 2-3 of my neighbors over (One Tennessee fan, One Clemson fan and a growing Cane fan). No Clemson invite this weekend!
On to the Vodka mixers for the game.
A little doobie 30 min before kickoff.
During the game, standing the whole game, volume cranked up and yelling EVERY defensive play "Get that Mother Fvcker!"
I watch until the end and thankfully, it has been a great season to watch and cheer. Only game I didn't watch on TV was ND, cuz I was at the ******* Rock yelling until I had no voice on Monday. I love it! GO CANES!:neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu:

Advertisement
Back