Game Watch in Clearwater/Tampa?

BWCD

Junior
Hey guys - my wife and I are taking a quick trip down to Clearwater Beach for my birthday this weekend. We thought about trying to hit up somewhere local to watch the Canes game. Are there any places that have a designated Canes game watch in the Clearwater/Tampa area?

Advertisement
Hey guys - my wife and I are taking a quick trip down to Clearwater Beach for my birthday this weekend. We thought about trying to hit up somewhere local to watch the Canes game. Are there any places that have a designated Canes game watch in the Clearwater/Tampa area?
MONS VENUS HAS A GREAT BUFFET

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

My brother @BWCD There is a Canes coalition where former players, alumni and fans meet up @ Ducky's sports bar on Kennedy blvd in Tampa or just try Duffy's Sports bar on dale mabry , or the ( Wing House near the stadium in Tampa)<< < [Disclosure.] If you with your wife don't go to this spot! lol

My brother @BWCD There is a Canes coalition where former players, alumni and fans meet up @ Ducky's sports bar on Kennedy blvd in Tampa or just try Duffy's Sports bar on dale mabry , or the ( Wing House near the stadium in Tampa)<< < [Disclosure.] If you with your wife don't go to this spot! lol
Thanks for the good word man. Good to know the options! I appreciate it.

Advertisement
Fr? I been trying to catch a spot to watch games with for the longest. You named 3 spots. Which one is the best and which one you watch games at? Besides the waitress, wing house must have the babies?

Fr? I been trying to catch a spot to watch games with for the longest. You named 3 spots. Which one is the best and which one you watch games at? Besides the waitress, wing house must have the babies?

Yesirrr... I'm still new to this city coming from the 305 but i'm an explorer so I slide to a lot of places. lol There's a whole alot.

1. For camaraderie Go to Ducky's a lot of Canes fans/ alumni and even some former players there.
2. For food go to Duffy's on dale mabry a good decent menu plus they show love to Cane fans they usually put our games on the big screen.
3. For the women.... hands down bro Winghouse across from the Bucs stadium. -Put it like this... I know a couple women there that I became cool with that makes almost anywhere from $500 to $1000 in tips on game nights. lol Some messed around with some NFL players. SMDH

* I'm usually at Ducky's or I just chill and watch it at home but I hear there some new CANE places like Hattricks , Glory Days Grill, Gaspar's Grotto -ybor that I may try next week?

From Clearwater Beach to Tampa is around a 45 minute drive. Courtside Grille is a very cool place and around a 30 minute drive to east Clearwater. The Brown Boxer is probably the best "Sports Bar" on Clearwater Beach. Might be best to check locally, make sure you find a place that will have the game on and reserve a nice table, watch the game and see the beautiful beach. Shepards is a nice place on the water, but with a lot of eye candy which might make it not wife friendly and would also be noisy.

Official watch party is at Ducky's, so that'll have the most Canes fans. Surprisingly low number of Canes fans in Tampa in general, so everywhere else is hit or miss if you're trying to watch with a bunch of Canes fans. If that's less important to you, Hattricks is the best sports bar IMO and has great food in downtown Tampa. If you want to stay in Clearwater Beach, Brown Boxer is the move as others have said.

Advertisement
Duffy's in Ft. Lauderdale is good, food sucks at one here in Tampa. Kerr's Wing House a good spot, but I never watch Canes games at sports bars.

Duffy's in Ft. Lauderdale is good, food sucks at one here in Tampa. Kerr's Wing House a good spot, but I never watch Canes games at sports bars.

Never been to Kerr's? I hear there a sports bar in channel side call Hattricks I might try next weekend .

I was in Tampa a couple weeks ago looking for a place to watch the UNC game. I looked up Ducky's (or maybe Duffys idk) but they were advertising a UCF watch party on their social media so I said "EFF THAT!" Was I mistaken? Looks like UCF and Miami play at around the same time again this Saturday.

I looked up some places and wound up going to World of Beer (Westshore location) near my hotel. They had several TVs lined up by the bar, good food by bar standards and tons of beer on tap obviously. There were a couple groups of Canes fans but the place didn't carry ESPNNEWS so we missed the start of the game and ripped on FSU instead.

I've been all over Tampa twice in last year and I can say it seems like at least 80% of the people there either root for the Turds or UCF. If you go in the winter it's all Lightning everywhere and you have to go out of your way to realize there's an NFL team there. The bandwagon effect is real.

Advertisement
Back