Game planning against King

Nmiamicane630

Freshman
Premium
We will find out in a few short hours, but I’ll ask anyway

Will VT stack the box and force king to beat them with his arm (worked for a few games but king and the receivers seem to have worked on the deep ball)

or

take away the deep ball and force make plays in the run game or short passes

Advertisement
They will probably play to stop the pass first and foremost cause we looked so good last week on film which will allow King to beat them with his legs early on. And then when they adjust to stop the run he will do his little fake QB draws and find wide open WRs, RBs, and TEs running down the field for huge gains since the LBs will be fooled.

That is the way I see it going.

Last edited:
Not sure they are talented enough to take away the deep ball and they **** sure don't want to let our run game get going, so I will go with stacking the box and they will let us chuck the deep ones.
Great opportunity today for our receivers to eat big.

I would assume they are going to load up to stop the run first and foremost. If King can beat them over the top for a couple big passes, then we’ll see what happens. NCST didn’t change things up and King beat their man coverage over and over. This is the first even front defense they’ve played since Pitt. I’m curious to see what VT tries to do

Stop the run, clog the passing lanes. Anything else against King is just plain stupid because he can beat you badly if he can see the field unobstructed.

Advertisement
Kings game is league level there’s no plan to stop him , Kings has really no weakness he’s taken ownership of his position and his focused level is way above any player on this field today.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back