Game day transportation for UM games

The Uber/Lyft setup at HRS is the worst I’ve ever seen. They have to do something about that. It’s almost as if they are forcing you to buy the parking pass because if you don’t your screwed.

I believe you. But since I always drive myself, I’m glad people like you can post their actual experiences. All I know is that they do have a rideshare area, where it’s going to be this year I don’t know if that’s even been decided.

Sounds like if somebody absolutely can’t or won’t rent a car, from what I’m getting in this thread - then it is probably a better idea to go somewhere like the Walmart or a nearby gas station and do it from there, I have no trouble getting out of the stadium in my car, but I park in the north east corner and I come from the north and leave to the north so it’s super easy for me to get in and out even in sellout games.

Advertisement
Usually my wife drives home, whether it’s just me or several of us.

It’s nice having carte blanche during the game.

I’m not an alcoholic or anything, in fact I rarely drink during the week, but the last 15 years I’ve been having to drink, a little bit to excess, during the canes games.

Yes that would be nice. So you know its never gonna happen.
That's a shame.
This is a good plan. Especially for a city with a metro area of almost 7 million. Too car centric.

Miami-Transit-Plans.jpg

Advertisement
BC has little parking at its stadium. They have a good system of satellite parking and shuttles for anyone to use. I haven’t often wished that UM would have public shuttles.

Usually my wife drives home, whether it’s just me or several of us.

It’s nice having carte blanche during the game.

I’m not an alcoholic or anything, in fact I rarely drink during the week, but the last 15 years I’ve been having to drink, a little bit to excess, during the canes games.
Some Canes games in the last 15 years would certainly drive one to drink in excess.

BC has little parking at its stadium. They have a good system of satellite parking and shuttles for anyone to use. I haven’t often wished that UM would have public shuttles.
BC's parking situation SUCKS. Satellite public owned lots where school buses pick fans up and drop them at a main entrance to the campus ... about 1 mile from the stadium. Stadium SUCKS ... nice field "on campus" ... NO amenities, no tail gating, getting a hot dog and beer and taking a **** takes a good 30 minutes ... horrible amenities for fans. Hard Rock is a class 1 stadium in all respects ... most of the "on campus" stadiums suck.

Advertisement
BC's parking situation SUCKS. Satellite public owned lots where school buses pick fans up and drop them at a main entrance to the campus ... about 1 mile from the stadium. Stadium SUCKS ... nice field "on campus" ... NO amenities, no tail gating, getting a hot dog and beer and taking a **** takes a good 30 minutes ... horrible amenities for fans. Hard Rock is a class 1 stadium in all respects ... most of the "on campus" stadiums suck.
Well, I am a season ticket holder as a Miami alum. But I also go to the BC game when the Canes come to Boston. The shuttle picks me up. It drops me at the entrance to the stadium. I have done this twice. I am not talking about the quality of the stadium.

Well, I am a season ticket holder as a Miami alum. But I also go to the BC game when the Canes come to Boston. The shuttle picks me up. It drops me at the entrance to the stadium. I have done this twice. I am not talking about the quality of the stadium.
Great ... the game I attended a school bus picked us up at the satellite parking lot and didn't drop us anywhere near the entrance to the stadium. Wasn't a huge issue for me ... walking a half mile is no big thing and it was a degree of nostalgia as I got my MBA from BC ... however a friend that I invited had a severe arthritic condition and the combined walk TO the bus at the satellite lot and the walk to the stadium was brutal for him. Amenities at BC were poor ... worst I have ever experienced at a college game. Field looked great ... except for the fact that Richt forgot to game plan and Diaz couldn't stop BC because "they ran some stuff we hadn't seen on film before". My buddy summed it up concisely "man, they look horrible".

Do you guys know if any local area sports bars organize group shuttles to and from Hurricanes games? I’m coming with the wife for a game in Oct and really don’t want to rent a car

Thanks
The Hurricane Club in Orlando many years ago arranged busses to games, haven't heard of any lately but liked the comfort if down and back in one day while resting or partying on the bus. If anyone hears of such an arrangement from Orlando please post!

Do you guys know if any local area sports bars organize group shuttles to and from Hurricanes games? I’m coming with the wife for a game in Oct and really don’t want to rent a car

Thanks
The Titanic Brewery that is across the street from the UM baseball stadium USED TO run a game day bus. Included beer on the bus to and from the stadium. Departed from The Titanic. Give them a call to find out if they are going to do it this season.

Advertisement
Great ... the game I attended a school bus picked us up at the satellite parking lot and didn't drop us anywhere near the entrance to the stadium. Wasn't a huge issue for me ... walking a half mile is no big thing and it was a degree of nostalgia as I got my MBA from BC ... however a friend that I invited had a severe arthritic condition and the combined walk TO the bus at the satellite lot and the walk to the stadium was brutal for him. Amenities at BC were poor ... worst I have ever experienced at a college game. Field looked great ... except for the fact that Richt forgot to game plan and Diaz couldn't stop BC because "they ran some stuff we hadn't seen on film before". My buddy summed it up concisely "man, they look horrible".
The stadium isn’t up to date. I would say it’s something more like an IVY school does. I went to a lot of Dartmouth games as a kid.

The accessibility sucks. True. The accessible seating is all view obstructed.

I thought I was going to have to sleep in the parking lot trying to get an Uber after an FSU game.

We've been there 3 times over the years and always rode the train to the stadium.

Advertisement
We've been there 3 times over the years and always rode the train to the stadium.
Yeah, I did the train and also bought the tickets through BC so I was able to get parking on campus and walked into the stadium.

OP literally states that they don't want to rent a car and 85% of the responses are "rent a car, bro".
The Tri-rail may help you out the majority of the way. This will be a multi-modal job. Not even UM arranges mass transit for non-students.
Or arrange a carpool through CIS.

Advertisement
Back