Game against BC at 6pm

Advertisement
Most games have been close for a good amount of time.

Credit to the guys for playing tough

Sloppy on the road, not shocking. That said, it's early, and BC lacks the talent to get out and run away from Miami. I would have loved to see Miami come out and blitz BC and make this an easy win, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards.

Advertisement
Last game was 4-4 after 5 minutes in, this game its Canes 5-4 at same point... progress? (lol 5-6 now BC in front). Sigh, hard to blame such starts on 7man squad.

Advertisement
This isn't something new, so is largely Coach L's "style" I think. He always wants the team back super fast on transition. And yeah with limited squad getting tired, they can't go back and forth full steam without cramping or dropping off.

But (as we often do) our shots ain't exactly dropping like flies. Lykes near end of half had clock running down so launched a poor 3. I literally saw Amp, on the Perimeter, quickly turn away from the basket as shot was at its highest arc, and jog down the other way. It didn't drop (as many don't), and, NO Canes were anywhere trying for the offensive rebound; all jogging AWAY while it arc'd.

Next play; their guy tried for a poor 3-pointer. Popovich and another BC guy "stayed at/under/near the basket" waiting and watching; Popovich got the rebound, and then sunk the retry. Am I missing something here? This seems common for us and we seldom prosper if we ain't shooting hot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back