game 3 vs BC.....1pm

Wonderful pitching today. Still left some runners on base, but a much more complete game today.

Advertisement
we are on our way to hosting a regional if we can keep up this play. have to fix the errors or we are going to get knocked out in gainesville again.

Wonderful pitching today. Still left some runners on base, but a much more complete game today.
absolutely

we did still make errors though

perez is good for an error a game

let his *** DH and let broad play 2nd

I agree in principle. But, it seems to me that Perez has a higher ceiling as both a fielder and hitter than Broad. Could be that Morris wants him to be comfortable enough at second to play there full time without hurting us. Experimenting early season and getting the kid some significant PT at second base which is where we ultimately want him to be, make sure he'll he able to handle it.

Advertisement
absolutely

we did still make errors though

perez is good for an error a game

let his *** DH and let broad play 2nd

I agree in principle. But, it seems to me that Perez has a higher ceiling as both a fielder and hitter than Broad. Could be that Morris wants him to be comfortable enough at second to play there full time without hurting us. Experimenting early season and getting the kid some significant PT at second base which is where we ultimately want him to be, make sure he'll he able to handle it.
if perez were a freshman i would agree with you......but he isnt

hes a junior and his defense so far this year is as bad as it ever has been

at the plate.......he seems to have more plate discipline than he ever has....and hes learning how to hit in pressure situations.....and he can run well

he needs to DH because his defense is miserable

broad isnt great at 2nd by any means........but he isnt gonna go out and commit and error every night like perez has

BC is horrible. By the time we're done with Duke next weekend, we'll be halfway through March having played 1 team of any quality (and got swept). I still have no idea how good our team is. What I have seen is an inconsistent bullpen and a bunch of infielders that should be DHs. Perez was an awful SS and is equally awful 2B. Broad clearly can't play any position. Tresgallo is terrible at third. Fieger isn't a 1B. Medeiros does seem to be a good SS, so I'm hopeful in that regard.

tresgallo is also only a true freshman......so ill withhold judgement for the time being

fieger isnt bad at first

as for the bullpen........they have been much better than i thought

tresgallo is also only a true freshman......so ill withhold judgement for the time being

fieger isnt bad at first

Fieger isn't bad at first, but he's not a natural 1B. How bad did you expect the bullpen to be? In the one series we had against a quality opponent they completely screwed the pooch.

Advertisement
Infield errors, base running and base coaching, pitchers putting the leadoff batter on base every inning, ad nauseum. It's been our legacy for about five years now.

fieger isnt bad at first

Fieger isn't bad at first, but he's not a natural 1B. How bad did you expect the bullpen to be? In the one series we had against a quality opponent they completely screwed the pooch.
not true

the first game erickson was tagged for 6 of the 7 runs

and broad made the only error

game 2 whaley got hit for 8 runs....with 7 earned.....we made 3 errors that night

suarez.....gave up 2 runs san juan and kossak each gave up 1 run in relief.......and with the exception of kossak who is a transfer......none of them are expected to play key roles for us and were only in for mop up duty

the last game.....encinosa got wrecked for 5 runs and that was it from the pen.....and hes gonna be fine

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back