Game #3: Drexel 11/20 @ 3:00PM on ESPNU

Consigliere

All-American
Not much needs to be said about Drexel other then they're not that good. They will likely finish sub .500 in the CAA this year.

Last Year: 16-14 (8-8) in the CAA. Their best two players Frantz Massenat and Chris Fouch are both gone. Last year Damien Lee tore his ACL.

This Year: 0-2 (0-0). They already lost to St. Josephs and @ Colorado. Their best player is Damien Lee and he can score (scored 23 Points against St. Josephs).

This game part of the Charleston Classic.

http://espnevents.com/charleston-classic/bracket/

Advertisement
Not knowing anything about Colorado and St. Joes, they lost to the Buffs by 17 in Boulder and St Joes by 3 at home.

I'd like to see the offense a little less choppy. So far its been live and die by the 3. Wheres that ridiculous pick and roll been at?

I'd like to see the offense a little less choppy. So far its been live and die by the 3. Wheres that ridiculous pick and roll been at?

It's going to take some more time, these guys are still learning how to play with each other (get it play with each other). Remember Sherman, Thomas, Newton and Palmer have only been here for a few months.

Miami really needs to make this a statement game and blow them out, can't have a let down after a big win over UF like that

Advertisement
Just sit back and let Coach L do his thing. His teams are always at their best in Feb/March. Barring anything major, I expect that this team will grow leaps and bounds. We play in the ACC with some ridiculous teams, just a stacked league from top to bottom. Beating UF gives me hope that we can do some damage this year that I KNOW we will do next year.

Just sit back and let Coach L do his thing. His teams are always at their best in Feb/March. Barring anything major, I expect that this team will grow leaps and bounds. We play in the ACC with some ridiculous teams, just a stacked league from top to bottom. Beating UF gives me hope that we can do some damage this year that I KNOW we will do next year.

Next year might be magical. We have 98/99 talent with a 10x better coach methinks.

I can't make tomorrows game but I'm definitely going to make Fridays game. It'll be my son's first Canes game.

Advertisement

Not really. Against Florida we were 9-18 from 3, and 15-31 from from 2. Against Howard we were 9-23 from 3 and 18-36 from 2. I really don't see the problem with shooting 20 threes in a game if you're a good 3 point shooting team, which I think we are.

Yeah, margin of victory is irrelevant in a season with 30+ games on the sched. You'll be thankful for every ugly 3 point win you get come March.

Advertisement
FYI, St. Joe's is getting housed at Gonzaga right now by 40+. The same St. Joe's squad that beat Drexel on the road

Advertisement
FYI, St. Joe's is getting housed at Gonzaga right now by 40+. The same St. Joe's squad that beat Drexel on the road

Yeah I'm a Zags fan, this is the best team we have ever had, leaps and bounds better then the team that got a #1 seed a couple seasons ago. Basically, we would smack miami around like a little *****, just like St. Joes. We're up by 53 now lol

Yeah I'm a Zags fan, this is the best team we have ever had, leaps and bounds better then the team that got a #1 seed a couple seasons ago. Basically, we would smack miami around like a little *****, just like St. Joes. We're up by 53 now lol

doubtful

Yeah I'm a Zags fan, this is the best team we have ever had, leaps and bounds better then the team that got a #1 seed a couple seasons ago. Basically, we would smack miami around like a little ****, just like St. Joes. We're up by 53 now lol

doubtful

LOL watch us in Maui, or better yet against Arizona. You'll be in for a treat my man.

The one advantage UM would normally have (Larranaga) they wouldn't against GU, Mark Few does have the highest win % among active coaches while playing a legit OOC schedule year in and year out.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm a Zags fan, this is the best team we have ever had, leaps and bounds better then the team that got a #1 seed a couple seasons ago. Basically, we would smack miami around like a little ****, just like St. Joes. We're up by 53 now lol

doubtful

LOL watch us in Maui, or better yet against Arizona. You'll be in for a treat my man.

The one advantage UM would normally have (Larranaga) they wouldn't against GU, Mark Few does have the highest win % among active coaches while playing a legit OOC schedule year in and year out.

Over the last 5 seasons in the regular season, Gonzaga has played 12 ranked teams and gone 2-10 according to Wikipedia.

Gonzaga ****ed me over two years ago when they lost to Wichita State. They needed to win that and lose in the next round and I would have had the first two rounds perfect. I'm still bitter.

Advertisement
Back