1 out B7

Advertisement
Pitt heads to the bullpen

Runners on the corners and 1 out

Del Castillo up and hes been great tonight

Toral flies out. Not a great game for him tonight

Canes lead 5-0 heading to the 8th

Wonder if McMahon comes back out??

Thats all for McMahon tonight. Pitched really well. Got himself out of a couple jams and retired 13 straight at one point.

JP Gates in for the Canes

Advertisement
We head to the 9th

Rivera lead off with single and swiped a base but gets stranded at 2nd

Lets close out guys!

Advertisement
It wasn’t spectacular but on a night the wind was blowing in, it was an efficient and well executed offensive performance. Which is what I’ve been waiting for.

If we can work the bullpen out, and I think most of the pieces are there if used properly, we’ll win a lot of games scoring 4-5 runs a night.

The defense is another story....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Paige could be the greatest defensive second baseman of all times (he's not), and he still shouldn't be getting playing time. He's an automatic out.
He’s like clockwork: a hit every nine at bats. He was 1 for 9 last year and is now 3 for 27 this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Starting pitching will carry us until the bats wake up (I hope). Errors will continue to kill us. Let’s just hope we don’t make them in big moments.

Gil looks awful up there. Front side is flying open so he either fouls off or totally misses good pitches to hit.
I will say, as a follow up to this, Gil did drive 2 balls hard to the back side later in the game. We need everybody doing that. A lot of our guys are just trying to yank everything. Toral has been pretty steady with this all year, and look at him, he is hitting.

It is one of the most basic yet important parts to hitting. Hit the ball where it is pitched. Flying open to try to pull everything and redirect the ball leads to rolled over ground balls, pop ups, foul balls, and generally weak contact. Basically, our offense so far this year.

Advertisement
Back