Game #2: UFhag @ 7:00PM on ESPNU

Does this help anyone at least stop thinking about the FSU loss? Just a little bit?

Momentarily

Yeah man, after the loss I was just like: we better beat UF. Losing to both rivals in a span of 48 hours would suck. Glad our boys balled out and start the season with a big time win.

As far back as I can remember(born mid 80s) the bball teams always been better and fun to watch, sans the Fat Perry era. Always count on them for a pick me up.

Advertisement
What a performance by Angel! I was about to turn the game off and this dude goes off. Great win to end the Gators 33 home gane winning streak

What a performance by Angel! I was about to turn the game off and this dude goes off. Great win to end the Gators 33 home gane winning streak

We beat them last time we played them in:

Football 2013

Baseball 2014 (won the series 2-1)

Basketball (tonight)

Whoooooo

Advertisement
Great win. Hung around and made a run.

Nice to see Rodriguez hitting threes and improving what seemed to be a hole in his game at K-State.

Love Coach L. Wish we had someone like him running our football team.

Fantastic. I attended the Howard game and while many guys looked very athletic and scrappy I didn't think we had much shot against the Gators. It seemed like a team that might come together in conference play.

Only when ESPN was running the college basketball Top 25 scroll and I saw Florida's record listed at 1-1 did I doubletake and say wait a minute...that means we won. Then I watched Scott Van Pelt's lengthy replay of the key possessions.

Wow, Rodriguez was really demonstrating the athletic arrogance out there, with the crossover dribbling and pulling up from outside. I didn't detect nearly that much confidence from him against Howard.

Now I'm looking forward to the South Alabama game, even if it means driving back to Miami a day earlier than we planned after visiting relatives for Thanksgiving.

this win is gonna look great when march comes around. Huge Huge Huge win! Coach L is what we'd all love Golden to be.

Advertisement
I LOVE ME SOME COACH L

yeah_sai_dancando-1.gif

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Keith247Sports 1m1 minute ago Atlanta, GA
RT @CNee247 Good early resume builder for the Canes /// Against squad without 3 starters, who played walk-on and ... former team manager

THEY MAD

Someone please tell that ****** we were playing without 2 starters also, Reed and the Giant Spanish Dude

Listened to the game on 940 while driving, almost hit a tree LOL at the end. The UF broadcasters were incredulous. Hope there's a replay this week somewhere.

Congrats Coach L & team. At least we have a real coach in basketball. Awesome win!

Advertisement
I knew I couldn't watch last night, so I set my DVR, turned off my phone, and watched this morning.

Tell me Coack L isn't a top 5 coach. I hope he wins a championship here, he is deserving.

Shane Larkin doesn't get sick the night before the Sweet 16 game and we have a banner hanging in the rafters. Larranaga gets so much out of his players.

Advertisement
Big win.

Still want to see TJ in double figures each game.

This. Saw him at Sun Life on Saturday and he looked noticeably bigger in person. Also did on the TV screen.

Was waiting for him to take that jump last year after a pretty impressive freshman campaign and that never materialized.

It has taken 3 years, but he is finally starting to understand the definition of verticality.

If we can get 8, 8 and 3 out of Tonye every night at a minimum I'll sign on the dotted line right now for that! This win reminds me a lot of the 12/13 squad in that each night someone stepped up big to help us win. We had no single guy who every night dominated the game so when Durand was off, Shane stepped up, when Kenny was off, Julian stepped etc... We need that same attitude from all these guys to permeate the team. That next man in attitude got us a lot two years ago and can serve us well now.

Advertisement
Back