Game #2: UFhag @ 7:00PM on ESPNU

Consigliere

All-American
It is a little early in the season to know how good is UFhag. We do know the following:

1. Chris Walker is suspended and will not play in this game.

2. Versus William and Mary: Dorian Finney-Smith fractured his hand in the first half last game. He still was the high scorer with 15 points and played 22 minutes. His hand was wrapped and he was still able to score. My guess is he plays and will put up about 15 points. Jon Horford after transferring from Michigan played pretty good and scored 11 points in 30 minutes (this is a guy who averaged less than 4 PPG and 14 MPG at Michigan). Michael Frazier scored 14 points.

Also, here are some notes from their first game.

- Florida used just seven scholarship players most of the game.
- The Gators were without forward Chris Walker, who is suspended two games for violating team rules.
- They also were without guard Brandone Francis (academics) and guard DeVon Walker (knee).
- Center John Egbunu has to sit out the entire season because of NCAA transfer rules, and forward Alex Murphy will miss the first 10 games after transferring from Duke last year. "We obviously don't have a lot of depth right now, especially across the front line," Donovan said.

3. From last year to this year: Florida lost Patric Young (11.0 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 1.1 BPG), Casey Prather (13.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.6 APG), Scottie Wilbekin (13.1 PPG, 2.4 APG, 3.6 RPG) and Will Yeguete (4.9 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 1.2 APG). Young, Prather and Wilbekin were starters. Yeguete played 23 MPG and started some games for them UF. Dorian Finney-Smith and Michael Frazier II still remain.

What does this mean?

This is not the UFhag team that will finish the season. This is probably the best time to play them. UFhag will have trouble scoring against us. They lack depth (like us) and don't have much in the big men department (like us). I really think this game will come down to whether or not we can score some points on the road. I don't think UFhag is going to drop more than 60 points.

Let's do this!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not seeing this on ESPNU. You sure that's the right channel?

Edit: it's on Monday. ****...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could be one of those sneaky potential wins that would look better as the season goes on. We have enough firepower on offense to go into a tough environment and pull out a win. Who are they starting?

Could be one of those sneaky potential wins that would look better as the season goes on. We have enough firepower on offense to go into a tough environment and pull out a win. Who are they starting?

Finney-Smith, Horford, Frazier, Hill and Carter

Really looking forward to the season. Thanks to WVUM for keeping us ex-pat alumni in touch with the team.

Advertisement
I'm calling the game for WVUM tonight. You can listen on 90.5 FM or wvum.org

tumblr_mk7zvucbHv1qfgi90o1_400.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back