Game 1 against Pitt 3pm

Runners decision, off speed in the dirt in the opposite batters box I would have gone back when I played, Vilar is just slow. I will admit the catcher made one **** of a pick and throw. Either way hopefully that does not decide the game. But our BP and defense will likely blow it.
Yes, he's slow, but you have to see the ball get away. Not just in the dirt. It's not a steal. Even a fast guy isn't going to have a jump because he wasn't stealing the base. The ball has to get away from the catcher. Especially, if your slow like Vilar..

Advertisement
Yes, he's slow, but you have to see the ball get away. Not just in the dirt. It's not a steal. Even a fast guy isn't going to have a jump because he wasn't stealing the base. The ball has to get away from the catcher. Especially, if your slow like Vilar..

I won't argue all day but it was close even with Vilar being slow, anyone of our speed guys are safe easily IMO.

Advertisement
In what world is Rivera a defensive replacement? Do we really not have any decent outfielders on the bench?

Advertisement
In what world is Rivera a defensive replacement? Do we really not have any decent outfielders on the bench?
Splitting the difference without the lead I think. Hypothetically a better glove than Thomas, but a better hitter than Crosbie or Moore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Splitting the difference without the lead I think. Hypothetically a better glove than Thomas, but a better hitter than Crosbie or Moore.

I get bringing in Rivera to swing, but if it’s for defense only then it makes no sense. He just pinch hit Crosbie, so it’s obviously not bc he’s worried about having a couple guys left on the bench for later.

Advertisement
Back