Gamblers- Week 8

I couldn’t hit water if I fell out of a boat this weekend. Nothing went right from Miami, NFL, MLB, etc.

But it’s a new day and with Miami having a bye we can talk about some other lines and see if we can make some $.

Stanford -2.5 @ ASU. I think Stanford bounces back after a bye week.

OSU -14 @ Purdue. They struggled last week with Minnesota but come back and win this one by 20+.

PSU -14.5 @ Indiana. Penn State will be angry after losing a heartbreaker and kill Indiana.

Navy +12 vs Houston. Dorito vs the triple option.

Arkansas -6 vs Tulsa. Arkansas can’t beat a mid major by a TD at home? We’ll see.

Oregon ML @ Wazzou. Oregon is a 2.5 dog right now. Herbert and a now physical Oregon team sneak out a win against Leach.

Minnesota +4 @ Nebraska. Nebraska blew it last week and if they win this week I think it’ll be by a FG.

Advertisement
I'm downbad Cap lol...This week I rolled with:

OU -7.5 @ TCU. TCU lost to Texas Tech by 3 last week and beat ISU by 3 the week before, both at home.
OSU-14 @ Purdue. I got em at 13.5 just to be safe.
GA Southern-12 @ NM State. Line is this low because Southern played like **** last week on the road. NMST gives up 500 yds of defense a game.
Michigan-7 @ Michigan State. I took em at -6.5. Just hoping they play like last week.
Mizzou -10 vs Memphis. Mizzou at home. I'm hoping the SEC talent is too much for the Hometeam.
PSU -14 @ Indiana. Took em at 13.5 for safety.
LSU -6.5 vs Miss State. Like Michigan, I'm hoping for a repeat performance from the Tigers. Could possibly be a defensive battle if Miss St comes to play. Thats a big IF tho.

Last edited:
Mississippi State had a buy week last week, they will be healthy and ready. LSU might win but I would stay away from this game.

I'm downbad Cap lol...This week I rolled with:

OU -7.5 @ TCU. TCU lost to Texas Tech by 3 last week and beat ISU by 3 the week before, both at home.
OSU-14 @ Purdue. I got em at 13.5 just to be safe.
GA Southern-12 @ NM State. Line is this low because Southern played like **** last week on the road. NMST gives up 500 yds of defense a game.
Michigan-7 @ Michigan State. I took em at -6.5. Just hoping they play like last week.
Mizzou -10 vs Memphis. Mizzou at home. I'm hoping the SEC talent is too much for the Hometeam.
PSU -14 @ Indiana. Took em at 13.5 for safety.
LSU -6.5 vs Miss State. Like Michigan, I'm hoping for a repeat performance from the Tigers. Could possibly be a defensive battle if Miss St comes to play. Thats a big IF tho.

Mark Dantonio is 11-0 against the spread since he's been the head coach at MSU against Michigan....

Advertisement
Ended up playing Stanford light. They were clearly the better team last night.
I was ready to take Stanford and the under when I looked at the line early yesterday...but forgot to put the play in when I went to dinner...FML

would just like to thank Capt for having this weekly thread...especially since the board is so toxic right now. I know no matter what I'll get great joy in reading this weekly thread.

Advertisement
I couldn’t hit water if I fell out of a boat this weekend. Nothing went right from Miami, NFL, MLB, etc.

But it’s a new day and with Miami having a bye we can talk about some other lines and see if we can make some $.

Stanford -2.5 @ ASU. I think Stanford bounces back after a bye week.

OSU -14 @ Purdue. They struggled last week with Minnesota but come back and win this one by 20+.

PSU -14.5 @ Indiana. Penn State will be angry after losing a heartbreaker and kill Indiana.

Navy +12 vs Houston. Dorito vs the triple option.

Arkansas -6 vs Tulsa. Arkansas can’t beat a mid major by a TD at home? We’ll see.

Oregon ML @ Wazzou. Oregon is a 2.5 dog right now. Herbert and a now physical Oregon team sneak out a win against Leach.

Minnesota +4 @ Nebraska. Nebraska blew it last week and if they win this week I think it’ll be by a FG.
I hate to say it, but I’m against you in several games. Purdue, Indiana, wash st, Nebraska. Possibly Houston too.

**** of a stat for sure! This year's Sparty team is too schizophrenic for me to bet on them or against them though.

I'm with you on that lol

I also LOVE the over for Ohio State and Purdue. 68.5

Well, **** if I didn't do exactly what you should NEVER do in sports betting last weekend. I chased the dragon. Hard. I bet USF on Friday night after a friend of mine talked me into it. I already had some plays on UCF and Miami for Saturday as I felt pretty good that they would both cover (or in some cases just win as I had them on some teasers). After starting the weekend in the red due to USF's sh-t show of a performance, I lost a bit on some Saturday early games and that ugly dragon head came roaring into my brain! "I'm going to wipe these losses by pressing UCF, they're definitely covering". Nope. Then in a bad hole, and after a frantic afternoon for other reasons, I pressed the **** out of Miami prior to kickoff. It went bad, real bad, Hindenburg bad. Dumb. SMH

So, sadly, I'm now in a 'chip away'-mentality for the rest of the month til pay up day comes - one which the river will almost surely be flowing the wrong way this month. I'm not going big again to try and wipe it, I am deploying a more focused strategy of chipping it down as much as possible in the next two weekends. Here's what I like so far (no bets placed yet though)...

UNLV +290 ML - I have no real basis for this bet, so don't tail it. But I just have a gut feeling that UNLV pulls off this win tonight.

I like that OSU/Purdue over as well, MichiCANE.

I like Tenn+28.5 vs Bama. I think Bama does what they do and rolls early, but then takes their foot off the gas a bit and allows Tenn to slip back in and cover late.

I think the Ducks beat Washington State outright. I may take the 3 points though.

I'm intrigued by Colorado getting 17 and a half, but possibly not enough to bet it.

I like Nebraska on the moneyline. I think they finally win a game this weekend.

I like the Wolfpack getting 17.5 vs Clemson. The Tigers just have not impressed me this year. And while I'm not THAT high on NC State by any means, I foresee that game staying tighter than it should be at least through halftime and Clemson never pulling away big.

And I may put something light in on the Utes-7 at home Saturday night. They are playing outstanding football at home right now and match up very well vs a USC team that is living off nothing but name recognition.

Advertisement
I had my parlay set up good to make $400 last night...hit on all my college football games...AND...PUT THE Lakers ml on it for the loss.

NFL picks by Colin Cowherd. Gave great reasons for every pick, none of which I can remember.
Carolina
Indy
Ravens
Skins
NYG

Advertisement
Lets start the day off on a good note, boys and girls. High Noon Teaser: Mich St+14/OU-1. Get on it!

Been riding with Utah State every week. They should cover easy vs Wyoming tonight.

Oklahoma has lost back to back games in a very very long time so I'm going with them as well

Advertisement
Back