Gaillard no longer visiting

Advertisement
So only one person on twitter has said this

Dawg Breed ‏@DawgBreed 4h
Lamont Gaillard has shut it down ... Will not take visits #AllDawg #GATA

Yet they seem like they're just another fan. Anyone else saying this?

So only one person on twitter has said this

Dawg Breed ‏@DawgBreed 4h
Lamont Gaillard has shut it down ... Will not take visits #AllDawg #GATA

Yet they seem like they're just another fan. Anyone else saying this?

Wow after I said this 5 times finally somebody else sees this lol

Advertisement
Cross, don't come in here talking dumb **** when you don't know the back story to his recruitment.

Complain about the staff, and what Emjay was saying early on about Gailliard's interest in Miami, but you have no way of knowing that even if the staff got on him early that we would have gotten him. It's just speculation.

I was actively posting on Scout (Grassy) when Emjay first started posting there months ago, expressing his frustration at the lack of response by the UM staff. I was making suggestions, different ways to contact, etc., etc. Remember, Emjay was mostly posting there, not here, in the beginning.

Still, we don't know that we would have gotten him even if we were on him from the very beginning. He might have fallen in love with UGa anyway. It's always been tough for us to pull kids from the Carolinas, as well as the entire deep south. We've done better in recent years, but back in the '80's, we hardly ever got a player from those areas.

Given that he was from a southern state, I still suspect we would have had a difficult time pulling him, and I think both Lamont and his teammate, the DE, were influenced by their coach's love for UM.

Think of how hard it's been for us to convince some kids from south Florida, who grew up loving the U, to stay home. You can blame the staff, but you can't say for sure that it would've come out any differently.

Says he is trying to reschedule on the front page of Canesport.

This is like the 5th time this kid has been supposed to come here, dating back to summer, and he hasn't. He ain't comin' gents. Good luck to him and his coach that posts on here, seems like good people. We ****ed this one up by waiting too long.

Since nobody can get a story straight here this is the real article

The good news for Miami when it comes to Fayetteville (NC) Pine Forest High School DT Lamont Gaillard?

That the Canes are in his top two.

The bad news: He calls himself a solid commitment to Georgia and now says he's not going to take a pre-arranged visit Miami this weekend - he is calling Cane coaches to see if they want him to come next weekend instead.

"I can't come this weekend," Gaillard said, adding that "I've heard a lot about the Miami program but have never been down there. I'd like to see it."

Gaillard may not go through with the UM visit at all depending on how an in-home visit goes with Georgia coaches tomorrow.

"I have to meet with them, check everything out with them," Gaillard said. "First they're coming to the school, then doing a home meeting."

Coaches Larry Scott and Jethro Franklin are recruiting him to Miami, and Scott took an in-home with him two days ago.

"They're good coaches, I talk with them whenever I get a chance," Gaillard said. "When coach Scott came it went well."

He's also spoken with coach Al Golden.

"He was just telling me they want me down there," Gaillard said.

Gaillard has already visited Georgia and Florida.

While he says UM is second on his list, asked how far back of Georgia the Canes are he said, "I'm not sure yet how much the coaches have to offer. I'll have to see."

Gaillard says he'll pick the school where "I feel at home," adding "I'll get P.T. (playing time) wherever I go, I'm not worried about that."

Advertisement
Let everything play out and knock off the negative posting bashing the staff they are working on correcting the mistake in this particular case.

As the article said he is rescheduling his visit to next weekend, trust the process an there may be a surprise.

Go Canes

Let everything play out and knock off the negative posting bashing the staff they are working on correcting the mistake in this particular case.

As the article said he is rescheduling his visit to next weekend, trust the process an there may be a surprise.

Go Canes

Ok, DBC

Advertisement
Back