Gaillard Interview

Advertisement
549.jpg

"Temple molded . . . the character I have now," Knighton said. "Just handling adversity. I didn't have a winning season there. Living in North Philadelphia. It just molded me into a man. When you deal with things - losing, being in that environment - it makes you a better football player."

Advertisement
550.jpg

He became an outstanding two-sport athlete who drew the attention of Al Golden, then rebuilding the tattered Temple football program. Golden told Wilkerson to work hard in class, and Golden would wait. Golden’s loyalty impressed Wilkerson, who, in turn, became ferociously loyal to Temple.

“Temple just stayed loyal to me, stuck with me through prep school,” Wilkerson said Friday. “Coach Golden and those guys brought more of a business approach at Temple. I bought in, since Day 1 as a freshman. Those guys taught me a lot.”

“I can’t say that I knew when he was a junior in high school that he’d be a first-round pick, but I didn’t think far from it, to be honest with you,” said Mark D’Onofrio, who recruited Wilkerson for Temple and is now Golden’s defensive coordinator at the University of Miami. “I felt I had the right kid with the right makeup who had a high ceiling.”

And of course Bill Goldberg went to Georgia, and actually was with the Falcons....so, it shows that UGA is almost as good at producing pro wrestlers as UM. Take your pick, Goldberg or the Rock.

Advertisement
back to the topic...

Does sound like he's coming for vacation, but have zero chance if he's not here... No real downside to bringing him in. Not like he's trying to recruit anyone to Georgia...

If he shows, ya never know

And of course Bill Goldberg went to Georgia, and actually was with the Falcons....so, it shows that UGA is almost as good at producing pro wrestlers as UM. Take your pick, Goldberg or the Rock.

We have Leg Luger

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back