Gaillard Interview

CoolestNerd23

Recruit
Apparently there is an interview with Lamont on Rivals talking about his upcoming visit here...anyone care to post it here?

Advertisement
Just one piece of punctuation at the end of this title lets us all know you don't actually have any content to share. The minimalism of the internet will kill us all.

Just one piece of punctuation at the end of this title lets us all know you don't actually have any content to share. The minimalism of the internet will kill us all.

Thanks for the info. It has been duly noted you can be counted on for good insight...

From Rivals ...
Fayetteville (NC) Pine Forest High School DT Lamont Gaillard is a Georgia commitment, and that's the only official visit he's taken so far this recruiting season.

But he'll take his second this weekend: The trip will be to Miami.

"It's just me going out and taking another look at something, another official before signing day," Gaillard said.

Gaillard considers himself a solid UGA commitment, but adds that "it's a positive chance for Miami if I have a good visit."

He says he wants to visit UM "because they stayed on me even when I did commit to Georgia. So I want to see what they have to offer. I just want to go down there and see what it's like."

Gaillard says he isn't sure if he'll announce a final choice immediately after his Cane trip or if he'll wait till Signing Day.

"I'll have a couple of days to think things over if I want," he said.

Coaches Larry Scott and his position coach, Jethro Franklin, are recruiting him to UM.

"Coach Franklin, he says how they get their players to the NFL draft," Gaillard said.

Advertisement
From Rivals ...
Fayetteville (NC) Pine Forest High School DT Lamont Gaillard is a Georgia commitment, and that's the only official visit he's taken so far this recruiting season.

But he'll take his second this weekend: The trip will be to Miami.

"It's just me going out and taking another look at something, another official before signing day," Gaillard said.

Gaillard considers himself a solid UGA commitment, but adds that "it's a positive chance for Miami if I have a good visit."

He says he wants to visit UM "because they stayed on me even when I did commit to Georgia. So I want to see what they have to offer. I just want to go down there and see what it's like."

Gaillard says he isn't sure if he'll announce a final choice immediately after his Cane trip or if he'll wait till Signing Day.

"I'll have a couple of days to think things over if I want," he said.

Coaches Larry Scott and his position coach, Jethro Franklin, are recruiting him to UM.

"Coach Franklin, he says how they get their players to the NFL draft," Gaillard said.

gotta like that. We got more of a chance than i thought

There is a chance the visit will rekindle the desire he had to be a Cane earlier. It is THE U with all the history of great DTs. I cannot think of one UGA DT ever in NFL. Must have been some, but I can't name one. Live the dream kid, live the dream.

Advertisement
There is a chance the visit will rekindle the desire he had to be a Cane earlier. It is THE U with all the history of great DTs. I cannot think of one UGA DT ever in NFL. Must have been some, but I can't name one. Live the dream kid, live the dream.

The best DT in the NFL is from UGA.

Stop being a homer.

well right now Geno Atkins is an elite DT he's a beast in the middle, went to St. thomas aquinas shoulda ended up at the U. Richard seymour is another but he was a 3-4 end in his prime before moving to DT

Advertisement

:newman:

This has become common amongst recruits, for example "80% Commitment", understanding that 17 year old kids want to feel wanted. There are those who take their recruiting seriously and others think it is a stage and they can perform on. As has been noted, how a recruit handles his recruiting has a lot to do with upbringing, family and or sincere support system. Many recruits only look at the football experience and the road to the league, while others consider the value of the experience, education and ultimately the degree along with the hopes of reaching the league.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dontari Poe in KC is another guy you could make a case for, never saw a guy 340 lbs that light on his feet

Advertisement
Back