Gage Gaynor 2020 OL

HurricaneUWW

Savvy Vet
Spotlight article on the Douglas HS OL group. They also mention Cory's little brother, Gage, but the article listed them as cousins which I believe is a mistake. His twitter profile pic is of himself, Cory and Chris Gaynor Jr. (I believe is the eldest brother and TCU OL) and a woman I'm assuming is the mother. Listed at 6'2" 220 on his Hudl but they said he's already grown over the last few months.

Douglas Linemen Continue To Lead The Way « CBS Miami

Advertisement
Wait and see how he plays in front of better talent, again Douglas isn't exactly a football powerhouse....

Lol at someone negging me, none of you guys have played against Douglas and knows the area they're located at. I played them and I know the talent in the area because I grew up and played with/against them.

The area they're located in and whether or not they're a powerhouse doesn't determine how good or bad any player will be. Douglas plays teams with talent (Deerfield Beach, Piper, Cardinal Gibbons, Coconut Creek).

Advertisement
The area they're located in and whether or not they're a powerhouse doesn't determine how good or bad any player will be. Douglas plays teams with talent (Deerfield Beach, Piper, Cardinal Gibbons, Coconut Creek).

Lol, they just moved there last year...what's y'alls comprehension issues?

It's nothing against Corey or Nick, everybody that knows them say they're dedicated guys and they're loyal but I'm ALWAYS going to question talent from here especially when baseball dominates this area and not football

It's nothing against Corey or Nick, everybody that knows them say they're dedicated guys and they're loyal but I'm ALWAYS going to question talent from here especially when baseball dominates this area and not football

What high school did you go to ?

The []_[];2915714 said:

What high school did you go to ?

I'm guessing you know the area, I went to Glades

Advertisement
I went to HS in Broward and was in the same graduating class as a guy that went to Coral Glades that played college ball at Pitt (Greg Romeus). He was a first-team all-conference and co-defensive player of the Year in the Big East. Should I have just assumed that he wouldn't be good because he went to a non-powerhouse high school?

I went to HS in Broward and was in the same graduating class as a guy that went to Coral Glades that played college ball at Pitt (Greg Romeus). He was a first-team all-conference and co-defensive player of the Year in the Big East. Should I have just assumed that he wouldn't be good because he went to a non-powerhouse high school?

Plenty if studs go to non powerhouse schools. Davin Joseph was at Hallandale and they were not very good, Travis Daniels at South Broward, T-Good was at South Broward before transferring to STA. Go back and Steve Hutchinson was all world at Coral Springs. Good players are abundant in South Florida and no matter where they are at, they are definitely playing good competition within the districts.

I went to HS in Broward and was in the same graduating class as a guy that went to Coral Glades that played college ball at Pitt. He was a first-team all-conference and co-defensive player of the Year in the Big East. Should I have just assumed that he wouldn't be good because he went to a non-powerhouse high school?

1) Coral Glades has never had a D1 scholarship offered to any athlete other than Baseball so that guy you're talking about must've went to a different school to graduate

2) who's saying that I think he sucks? I'm just saying Gage needs to play against guys like Jordan Wright and Jon ford. Gogeta is the one that told me to watch that full game and I came away impressed with Corey.

Plenty if studs go to non powerhouse schools. Davin Joseph was at Hallandale and they were not very good, Travis Daniels at South Broward, T-Good was at South Broward before transferring to STA. Go back and Steve Hutchinson was all world at Coral Springs. Good players are abundant in South Florida and no matter where they are at, they are definitely playing good competition within the districts.

All I'm saying, I 100% agree with you. You reminded me of Dan Morgan at Taravella too. Jon Feliciano at Western.

Advertisement
I went to HS in Broward and was in the same graduating class as a guy that went to Coral Glades that played college ball at Pitt. He was a first-team all-conference and co-defensive player of the Year in the Big East. Should I have just assumed that he wouldn't be good because he went to a non-powerhouse high school?

1) Coral Glades has never had a D1 scholarship offered to any athlete other than Baseball so that guy you're talking about must've went to a different school to graduate

2) who's saying that I think he sucks? I'm just saying Gage needs to play against guys like Jordan Wright and Jon ford. Gogeta is the one that told me to watch that full game and I came away impressed with Corey.

It's Coral Glades: Greg Romeus, Coral Glades, Strong-Side Defensive End
- Greg Romeus Bio - Pitt Football - PittsburghPanthers.com - Official Athletic Site of the University of Pittsburgh

And So did Dan Morgan 20 years ago before these showcases even existed. There's a guy by the last name Harrell too that's picking up some minor D1 offers playing for Taravella. The divisions were completely different back then and they were playing better schools

It's Coral Glades: Greg Romeus, Coral Glades, Strong-Side Defensive End
- Greg Romeus Bio - Pitt Football - PittsburghPanthers.com - Official Athletic Site of the University of Pittsburgh

He was actually a Basketball player and only played a year of football.

Thanks for showing me this, I have to let the AD know because he's gotten no credit for this for some reason or that he even made the league.

Advertisement

I'm going to be honest those Hallandale's teams were pretty good (**** they had another lineman the same size as davin that went to Michigan state). Me and Davoin made all digest team (larry blustein). Also played in the same didstrict and against Travis Daniels as well...they weren't good. Tavares Gooden played on a bad broward team too

But that corridor where Douglas is ...is the worst football in the county.

Last edited:

I'm going to be honest those Hallandale's teams were pretty good (**** they had another lineman the same size as davin that went to Michigan state). Me and Davoin made all digest team (larry blustein). Also played in the same didstrict and against Travis Daniels as well...they weren't good. Tavares Gooden played on a bad broward team too

Greg Taplin was his name. Good ball player, played DE at Mich St. but not close to being as athletic as Davin.

Greg Taplin was his name. Good ball player, played DE at Mich St. but not close to being as athletic as Davin.

Yea Tap. I knew his name. I was an all district ol with both of them in the district. I had to block the both of them at different times.

Yea Tap. I knew his name. I was an all district ol with both of them in the district. I had to block the both of them at different times.

who you play for? I played against both too

Advertisement
Back