Gage Batten

ball915

All-American
I am not one to rip players but good lord almighty is that kid just bad. How he made a Division 1A roster yet alone plays for us is just baffling. He has done nothing but kill this team every time he is on the field. Likely a coal shoveler in practice that this staff adores.

Advertisement
He did the same thing earlier in the game. I'm still trying to figure what the **** he was thinking. Dumb penalties are driving me crazy.

He did the same thing earlier in the game. I'm still trying to figure what the **** he was thinking. Dumb penalties are driving me crazy.

they've started since the Golden firing. two reasons why

1. Golden had them so tightly wound and Scott wants them praying free
2. They don't fear Larry Scott as they know the new coach is coming in.

Dude, the kid is a walk-on and has worked his way onto special teams and first team fullback.

Played for Auburn before he transferred here. So he's made TWO division one rosters.

For you to say he kills us every time he is on the field is pretty IGNORANT. Kid busts it EVERY special teams play and is the only fullback we have who is willing to actually block. But you probably only notice a player when they score a touchdown or get a penalty.

And I agree, it was a dumb penalty.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bump-- Batten chosen by his teammates as most valuable walk-on........

he's still terrible.
come on man! Give the kid a break his peers have spoken. Let him have his moment.

He can have his moment and I am not taking anything away from it. In my opinion he is not a good player and the fact that he won that award is concerning how bad the rest of our walk on's are. I am not trying to be an a-hole here just telling it how I see it.

he's still terrible.
come on man! Give the kid a break his peers have spoken. Let him have his moment.

He can have his moment and I am not taking anything away from it. In my opinion he is not a good player and the fact that he won that award is concerning how bad the rest of our walk on's are. I am not trying to be an a-hole here just telling it how I see it.
hmm. Ok fair enough brother... I know the kid and rooting for him so maybe I am wearing " rose colored glasses".

he's still terrible.

hmm. Ok fair enough brother... I know the kid and rooting for him so maybe I am wearing " rose colored glasses".

I root for him too but it doesn't make him a good football player or one that should play at this level. I am glad he won the award and even better that the players voted it

Advertisement
Miami needs to add a fullback to the 2016 Class and I think Richt and company should make a push for 2016 FB Hayden Johnson the kid is 6'3" 260lbs with good hands coming out of the back field. He reminds alot of Mike Alsott.

[HUDL]athlete/3199954/highlights/165196375[/HUDL]

Last edited:
How would you know anything about Gage Batten? This kid finished Auburn in less than three years and is taking graduate classes. Smart as heck and one of hardest workers on team on special teams. Fullback is a non position on this team.
Drives me nuts when I hear meatheads putting kids down just because you assume they suck because they played for Golden. C'mon man, for the most part these are really good kids. Again, some of them are still teenagers.
The typical Canes fan thinks every good high school kid has to be from Florida and has to be 4-5 stars. Means nothing. You could go down the pro bowl list every year and maybe find 2-3 that were rated that high. College coaches should take more Gage Battens and let them play their hearts out.

[MENTION=12706]Sooch[/MENTION]; Miami has ALWAYS used a full back and it is important role in the offense.

Before Batten it was Walter Tucker, and before Tucker it was supposed to be Gus Edwards (who was the #1 Full back in the 2013 class), and before that was Mike James ( a 4* Running back), and before that was the human wrecking ball Maurice Hagen (the Nations #8 FB in 2010) and before was the bringer of pain Patrick Hill ( a juco transfers for 2008) and the list goes on. Quite a few of Miami's fullbacks made it to the NFL even if it was a brief stint they still made it. So never think Miami doesn't value the Full Back position, it was more James Coley that devalued the FB position. I think the main issue the Op has it that Batten under performed compared to the Miami standard of play for a Full Back.

[video=youtube;kp8vJsRVk-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp8vJsRVk-w[/video]

Advertisement
How would you know anything about Gage Batten? This kid finished Auburn in less than three years and is taking graduate classes. Smart as heck and one of hardest workers on team on special teams. Fullback is a non position on this team.
Drives me nuts when I hear meatheads putting kids down just because you assume they suck because they played for Golden. C'mon man, for the most part these are really good kids. Again, some of them are still teenagers.
The typical Canes fan thinks every good high school kid has to be from Florida and has to be 4-5 stars. Means nothing. You could go down the pro bowl list every year and maybe find 2-3 that were rated that high. College coaches should take more Gage Battens and let them play their hearts out.

Okay, Gage.

he's still terrible.

Let's be honest... You don't know what a fullback is.

Advertisement
Back