Gabe Taylor

Advertisement
FB_IMG_1694012351457.jpg

A non-Cane I am paying close attention to.

Advertisement
Is he a senior? I wonder if he would be someone they can take a look at for next year if he does have any eligibility left.

Enrolled 2020 (COVID year)
2021 - played 12 games
2022 - played 13 games
2023 - played 1 game so far

Would have one more year to play, assuming he does not get injured and redshirt in 2023.

Enrolled 2020 (COVID year)
2021 - played 12 games
2022 - played 13 games
2023 - played 1 game so far

Would have one more year to play, assuming he does not get injured and redshirt in 2023.

Given the COVID year is a mulligan, wouldn’t that mean he has two years of eligibility, one redshirt and one game? Meaning theoretically he could play only 4 games this year or next, redshirt, and still have one additional year of eligibility in 2025. Not saying he would ever want to do that just saying he has that flexibility … I think.

Advertisement
would love to see him send his last year here..
He's a good player but I don't think he'd be near the impact player that some would anticipate. He'd likely play nickel here.

I'd like to have him. He'd easily be in the 2 deep and get snaps. Also for the nostalgia kind of feel of it.

Just such a big jump from that conference to even the ACC. However he did look like he belonged when Rice played Texas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Given the COVID year is a mulligan, wouldn’t that mean he has two years of eligibility, one redshirt and one game? Meaning theoretically he could play only 4 games this year or next, redshirt, and still have one additional year of eligibility in 2025. Not saying he would ever want to do that just saying he has that flexibility … I think.

I don't think he would voluntarily redshirt this year. Injury, yes. I'm projecting this year to be his third. I realize circumstances could change.

Advertisement
Back