Gabe Taylor

No he’s a safety. And we took Keyshawn Washington that year. We are stacked at Safety so not really adamant about this one.
Oh… Even so, these were his 6 offers:

1453428E-AA29-4BAA-A140-42024507FF2D.png

Advertisement
Screwed up how? Who is he better than at the position on Miami?
Can you ever have too many talented players? He's definitely better than every safety on our roster outside of The 2 Williams and Kinchens. He is just as good as them though. Big hitter and ball hawk something we've not had here in a while. This is his first year as a starter and he's more than held his own.

Yeah he was not highly recruited. His tape was pretty nice though. I definitely remember writing on this board that he would be a take for me. But again, we ended up landing James Williams and Kam Kinchems the next year anyway.
Yeah, I remember a divide here where some felt we had to take him because he had good film and is ST26’s brother and others saying no more scholarships to relatives of our greats on the basis of those merits.

Advertisement
Oh… Even so, these were his 6 offers:

View attachment 159226
This is the type of stuff we get hung up on and miss out on players. Too short, arms not long enough, too small, not ranked high enough, not enough big schools interested. I know it's a different day in time with social media now but remember Ray Lewis got the Last Miami scholarship available and at the last minute. It's indeed worse to miss like this in this day in time because he was gift wrapped to Miami if we wanted him and he's a FOOTBALL player who can make an impact.

This is the type of stuff we get hung up on and miss out on players. Too short, arms not long enough, too small, not ranked high enough, not enough big schools interested. I know it's a different day in time with social media now but remember Ray Lewis got the Last Miami scholarship available and at the last minute. It's indeed worse to miss like this in this day in time because he was gift wrapped to Miami if we wanted him and he's a FOOTBALL player who can make an impact.
I understand but literally no one of slight significance at the time, offered him. ****, not even FIU or FAU offered.

Kids a good player. Had a fantastic game early in the year with double digit tackles and a forced fumble. Can’t remember who against but he’s gonna rock with Rice and if he doesn’t have a better professional offer (playing or otherwise) after four years he can certainly continue here. Don’t think he redshirted but he gets the rona year.

Don’t know him personally but all I’ve heard is he’s a fantastic kid. Pull for him regardless of whether he’s ours or not.

Advertisement
what is PWO offer?

A walk-on is a walk on. No such thing as walk on offer.
Uhhh it means that you don’t have to try out every year…like every other ******* walk on. That’s why you’re “preferred”. You also get the same criteria a scholarship athlete gets.

Advertisement
Uhhh it means that you don’t have to try out every year…like every other ******* walk on. That’s why you’re “preferred”.
Right.....but at schools that are academically selective, Like Miami.......it means you can get in! We toured UF's football facilities a couple years ago, they said they have 3 PWO spots each year that are highly coveted because of how selective normal student admissions have become.

Na, anybody who watched the kid knew he was good without the offers. He should’ve gotten a PWO offer especially being that he was able to get into Rice and Duke.
Why would he pay $60k a year for an education when he can get a better one at Rice for free? While actually playing.

Unless he was given a scholarship to UM he wasn't coming here.

In tomorrow's game, one of their starting defensive tackles is a player from Miami Northwestern Calijah Kancey, who we never recruited. This is the main problem I have with this staff and star lovers. Yes, a class full of 4 and 5 star players would be great but not realistic at all. We need to sign 3 star caliber players in every class and when you literally have a player who starts for the best team in the conference from a high school literally outside our window and don't sniff at him is a disgrace. We signed 3 defensive tackles that year, none from in state and only 1 remaining on the team. This is the Manny Diaz era in a nutshell.

Advertisement
In tomorrow's game, one of their starting defensive tackles is a player from Miami Northwestern Calijah Kancey, who we never recruited. This is the main problem I have with this staff and star lovers. Yes, a class full of 4 and 5 star players would be great but not realistic at all. We need to sign 3 star caliber players in every class and when you literally have a player who starts for the best team in the conference from a high school literally outside our window and don't sniff at him is a disgrace. We signed 3 defensive tackles that year, none from in state and only 1 remaining on the team. This is the Manny Diaz era in a nutshell.
You’re right. But it’s also not that easy. Everyone on this board loved Clyde pinder and he’s portaling. And he was a more highly rated recruit. You win some you lose some.

Advertisement
Back