GA Tech vs B Green

Shut the **** up

Sincerely CIS
Surprised Fall Out GIF

Advertisement
BG caught GT looking ahead to Miami. Trap game got em.

Or they suck.
Without a doubt that is exactly what happened. Bowling Green came into this game 1-3. This was the classic "Trap" game. I just trust that we do not take *** tech light. They have some talent on both Offense and Defense.

Only thing that bugs me is the talk about the Uniforms. All I know is Ga.Tech was playing in their all-black Uni's and got embarrassed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@ UNC will definitely be a challenge
What about UNC makes you think they will be a challenge? Is it them needing 2 OTs to beat App State? Maybe the hype around Drake Maye even though hes thrown 5TDs and 4INTs this year? UNC has beaten a bunch of mediocre teams and not in impressive fashion.

Tyler threw for 500 yards on them last year and they barely beat us. And we all know how absolutely horrible of a team we were last year. I see no reason to believe our matchup this year will be competitive... I'd love to hear why you think it'll be a challenge though

Last edited:
What about UNC makes you think they will be a challenge? Is it them needing 2 OTs to beat App State? Maybe the hype around Drake Maye even though hes thrown 5TDs and 4INTs this year? UNC has beaten a bunch of mediocre teams and not in impressive fashion.

Tyler threw for 500 yards on them last year and they barely beat us. And we all know how absolutely horrible of a team we were last year. I see no reason to believe our matchup this year will be competitive... I'd love to hear why you think it'll be a challenge though
You’re severely underestimating how good their Offense is & I’m guessing you haven’t watched them play this year.

They’re a very aggressive Offense that has a multifaceted attack in both the run & pass game & loves to stretch the field with the Deep ball.

Their WR trio of JJ Jones, Kobe Paysour & Nate McCollum will be a tough matchup for our CB’s to deal with, they’re all good route runners & they don’t drop passes. Plus they use their TE’s a lot in the seams as chain movers, another matchup that our LB’s & Safety’s will have to step up to slow down. Omarion Hampton is a good North & South runner that doesn’t go down on initial contact, he’s got good balance.

And if you’re just looking at flat stats it would be easy to attempt to downplay Drake Maye, but anybody who has actually watched him play (with objective eyes) will tell you he’s easily a 1st round draft pick & one of the best pure passers in College Football. His arm talent is spectacular & can hit every part of the field, plus he’s mobile enough to pick up yards with his feet when the pocket breaks down.

I understand the Super Bro homer take of thinking we’re just going to steamroll everyone & maybe we will, but I can assure you, if you think we’re going to go up to Chapel Hill & just beat’em without much resistance you’re in for a rude awakening my friend.

I’m not saying we won’t win or we can’t beat them, but from a matchup standpoint, they absolutely present challenges for our Defense & will attack our Secondary’s weakness. The DB’s will have to play at their best to keep them at bay.

Now one big advantage in our favor is their OL is fairly garbage, so we should be able to get after them with the pass rush & exotic look Blitzes we run, but we have to be careful not to be too Blitz happy because Maye is one of the highest graded QB’s against the Blitz.

Advertisement
You’re severely underestimating how good their Offense is & I’m guessing you haven’t watched them play this year.

They’re a very aggressive Offense that has a multifaceted attack in both the run & pass game & loves to stretch the field with the Deep ball.

Their WR trio of JJ Jones, Kobe Paysour & Nate McCollum will be a tough matchup for our CB’s to deal with, they’re all good route runners & they don’t drop passes. Plus they use their TE’s a lot in the seams as chain movers, another matchup that our LB’s & Safety’s will have to step up to slow down. Omarion Hampton is a good North & South runner that doesn’t go down on initial contact, he’s got good balance.

And if you’re just looking at flat stats it would be easy to attempt to downplay Drake Maye, but anybody who has actually watched him play (with objective eyes) will tell you he’s easily a 1st round draft pick & one of the best pure passers in College Football. His arm talent is spectacular & can hit every part of the field, plus he’s mobile enough to pick up yards with his feet when the pocket breaks down.

I understand the Super Bro homer take of thinking we’re just going to steamroll everyone & maybe we will, but I can assure you, if you think we’re going to go up to Chapel Hill & just beat’em without much resistance you’re in for a rude awakening my friend.

I’m not saying we won’t win or we can’t beat them, but from a matchup standpoint, they absolutely present challenges for our Defense & will attack our Secondary’s weakness. The DB’s will have to play at their best to keep them at bay.

Now one big advantage in our favor is their OL is fairly garbage, so we should be able to get after them with the pass rush & exotic look Blitzes we run, but we have to be careful not to be too Blitz happy because Maye is one of the highest graded QB’s against the Blitz.

All of this sounds good. I swear it really does. But you cant just act like "flat stats" arent the direct result of what's actually happening on the field. As good as you just made that passing offense sound, its culminated into 5 passing touchdowns in 4 weeks against mediocre teams who have a combined record of 9-11. Half of the games Maye has played this year hes thrown multiple interceptions. I do think hes talented, maybe a bit overhyped though.

I dont think we'll treat them like Bethune Cookman, but I do think we will control the entire game pretty handily. They still have to play the other side of the ball and I think if it came down to who stops who more often, we win that consistently.

All of this sounds good. I swear it really does. But you cant just act like "flat stats" arent the direct result of what's actually happening on the field. As good as you just made that passing offense sound, its culminated into 5 passing touchdowns in 4 weeks against mediocre teams who have a combined record of 9-11. Half of the games Maye has played this year hes thrown multiple interceptions. I do think hes talented, maybe a bit overhyped though.

I dont think we'll treat them like Bethune Cookman, but I do think we will control the entire game pretty handily. They still have to play the other side of the ball and I think if it came down to who stops who more often, we win that consistently.
Flat stats remove the context of situational circumstances that differ with each variable.

It’s the reason why people think LeBron is better than MJ without factoring the differences in eras, style of play, spacing etc. I digress, but the point is, if all you’re doing is saying that Drake Maye has only thrown for 5TD’s & 4INT’s, therefore he’s not that good or their Offense is not that good either, then you’re making a flat stats argument which leads me to believe you haven’t actually watched them.

You’re entitled to your opinion I got no problem with it, but I’m just telling you UNC will not be the walk in the park you think they are. We haven’t faced a passing attack this aggressive yet & it’s still unknown how our CB’s will handle a WR group that are big time playmakers. The margin of error will be far slimmer than what we’ve played through these first 4 games.

FSU and UNC will absolutely challenge our DBs and get theirs. We just gotta hold them to 3 instead of 6. We’ve already seen coverage break downs against lesser offenses

Advertisement
Flat stats remove the context of situational circumstances that differ with each variable.

It’s the reason why people think LeBron is better than MJ without factoring the differences in eras, style of play, spacing etc. I digress, but the point is, if all you’re doing is saying that Drake Maye has only thrown for 5TD’s & 4INT’s, therefore he’s not that good or their Offense is not that good either, then you’re making a flat stats argument which leads me to believe you haven’t actually watched them.

You’re entitled to your opinion I got no problem with it, but I’m just telling you UNC will not be the walk in the park you think they are. We haven’t faced a passing attack this aggressive yet & it’s still unknown how our CB’s will handle a WR group that are big time playmakers. The margin of error will be far slimmer than what we’ve played through these first 4 games.
What situational circumstance is responsible for Maye and this high powered offense throwing 5TDs and 4INTS in the first 4 weeks?

End of the day, im sure we'd both be happy if im right and we handle them easily. We'll revisit this 10/14 evening.

Do you all not remember us getting boat-raced by MTSU last year? This GT team is similar to the team we had last year... probably 5-7ish when all said and done. Don't overreact to one bad performance.
That garbage Miami team that got “boat raced” by MTSU still blew out Georgia Tech with a third string quarterback. Yellow jackets are straight trash and if Miami doesn’t house them by at least three touchdowns it will be an embarrassment

Do you all not remember us getting boat-raced by MTSU last year? This GT team is similar to the team we had last year... probably 5-7ish when all said and done. Don't overreact to one bad performance.

GT is the worst P5 rushing defense in college football when adjusted for strength of schedule.

The were a latter half rated team in every analytic model, before last night’s game.

They are not good.
They needed 5 turnovers (which is a lot of luck) to beat Wake. And Wake had the ball at the end of the game driving to tie it.

Just stop doing whatever it is you’re doing.

Advertisement
Back