G Tech vs. Miami Game Review

Advertisement
I feel like the stand up ends were supposed to act lol ke olb and drive up field and push everything back where shaq and Pinckney would have a better chance to make a play. But they kept playing read and react and in essence not making a play on either the qb or the pitch guy

I feel like the stand up ends were supposed to act lol ke olb and drive up field and push everything back where shaq and Pinckney would have a better chance to make a play. But they kept playing read and react and in essence not making a play on either the qb or the pitch guy

Without a doubt. Though there were examples from all of them of rushing upfield and making plays. There were a few examples where they got burned for doing so as well, but I'll take some downside for lots of upside. Like I think most of us would.

Our S play was poor in this game, and the LB play outside of Pinckney was average.

Our back 7 coverage is probably my biggest worry.

What have you seen (or not seen) from our safeties?

Corn played very well in his CB spot, but Jenkins missed a lot of plays, and still leaves a lot to be desired given the importance of the position. Jamal Carter is an important player because he has the speed to play some single-high S like Diaz wants to run in certain fronts, but he's still hesitating at times. Some of the old scheme is still in him. He's content being safe and not clicking once he sees something.

Jaquan has played great at getting off blocks, but he lacks the strength to get ball carriers on the ground at times.

The tackling from the S's and CB's not named Elder has been subpar. I have high expectations for that position. I believe speed is especially important at the S position. Believe it or not, I think that more from a run defense standpoint. A S needs to have the range to get from their S spot and cut off an angle for a runner and get there to make an 8-yard run stay that way. When you lack a step at S, those angles get eaten up quickly and you lose the angle that turns those solid runs into great runs. Well, speed goes away when you hesitate and I believe Carter has hesitated too much and I believe Jenkins has been out of control at times and missed plays. Jaquan needs a step more speed and a bit more strength to transition to great.

Without a doubt. Though there were examples from all of them of rushing upfield and making plays. There were a few examples where they got burned for doing so as well, but I'll take some downside for lots of upside. Like I think most of us would.

For sure, I just watched a few plays and said to myself, if the Ends would just go lay out the pitch man then the backers and safeties would not have so far to travel to get to the ball because the qb would have to keep it and stay inside. I think this defense could legitimately shut that offense down next year. I was happy with the performance overall don't get me wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back