FYI....Scout UCLA...Brad still ours..

Gamineal

All-ACC
From Scout:

Brad Kaaya, the West Hills Chaminade quarterback, remains UCLA's #1 target. Recently he attended Miami's bowl game, and the thought is that he's leaning more toward sticking with his commitment to Miami. I've heard, though, that UCLA has indicated to Kaaya that he's a top priority for them, specifically for Jim Mora. Apparently Mora and Kaaya have become close and I've heard that Mora has told Kaaya that he's his guy and is going to continue to go hard to get him.

So, Kaaya is the #1 target, but I've also heard that UCLA has some back-up options if Kaaya doesn't happen.

Since I didn't include the names of the back-up options you can assume that I can't share them at this time.

Advertisement
LULZ if Kaaya's dumb enough to fall for the "you're our #1 target" rap after they ignored him until a couple months, and he was sitting in their back yard the whole time.

From Scout:

Brad Kaaya, the West Hills Chaminade quarterback, remains UCLA's #1 target. Recently he attended Miami's bowl game, and the thought is that he's leaning more toward sticking with his commitment to Miami. I've heard, though, that UCLA has indicated to Kaaya that he's a top priority for them, specifically for Jim Mora. Apparently Mora and Kaaya have become close and I've heard that Mora has told Kaaya that he's his guy and is going to continue to go hard to get him.

So, Kaaya is the #1 target, but I've also heard that UCLA has some back-up options if Kaaya doesn't happen.

Since I didn't include the names of the back-up options you can assume that I can't share them at this time.

Translation: We wanted Kyle Allen, but he committed to TAMU. Now you're our #1 target.

good thing is Kaaya and his support team are too smart to fall for the games. This will be a football decision where he feels he can succeed not the "your the only girl I'm talking too" game.

Kaaya is built to bring the "U" back to glory...Like his mom's comments on how well she also likes South Florida...This family was on celebrity status in South Florida months before Cali schools said hello...

Advertisement
@McMurphyESPN: Texas very interested in UCLA's Jim Mora. UT & reps of Mora had conversations today sources told @AdamSchefter

In that event, that should lock up Kaaya.

Advertisement
@McMurphyESPN: Texas very interested in UCLA's Jim Mora. UT & reps of Mora had conversations today sources told @AdamSchefter

Hope this is true. If Golden leaves for PSU, Kaaya will likely be more patient in seeing who the next coach is if his number 2 option is in the same boat.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Texas is interested in UCLA coach Jim Mora as a possible replacement for Mack Brown, per sources.

To add in the direct Schefter tweet. Can't imagine Kaaya flipping

Quote:
Texas is interested in UCLA coach Jim Mora as a possible replacement for Mack Brown, per sources.

It's a mess for kaaya. He's committed to coley actually. He could end up at neither um or ucla with these recent developments.

Advertisement

No, just means Kaaya ends up at UT as their new favorite recruit. His mom will switch allegiances from south Florida to Austin...she'll love the Texas line dancing...the big skirts..cowgirl boots.

Last edited:
Quote:

It's a mess for kaaya. He's committed to coley actually. He could end up at neither um or ucla with these recent developments.

And Coley will follow Al to Penn State...as will Kaaya. His mom will switch allegiances from south Florida to Happy Valley...where she'll fall in love with ....with....with....quick, think of something.

Advertisement
Quote:

Highly doubt Mora leaves with how good he's got it there. Probably just using this as levarage for more money and buzz.

Like you said though, Kaaya is committed to Coley. As long as he stays here, we should be good I think regardless of what Golden does.

- He's still committed to UM

- He talked to the staff and they know where he stands as a commit so theres not much worry

- He's not really thinking of taking any other visits to any other schools and he will probably visit UM in a couple weeks

- UCLA is trying to get in the door right now

- He's in contact with the recruiting coordinator there but thats it and he doesn't know if he'll take a visit there unless they convince him

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Kaaya-Talks-The-Latest-169313

Advertisement
Back