Future of the O-Line

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Watching this clip - Seymoure and Rodriguez are animals. They are the type of IOL we need to compete at a championship level.
McLaughlin has LT potential with a couple years in the weight room adding some strength.

Julian Armella is someone we have to go all in on for the 22’ class.

Marcus Tate looked good as well. He’s a pipe dream right now, but I would also be on him hard with our current momentum in recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watching this clip - Seymoure and Rodriguez are animals. They are the type of IOL we need to compete at a championship level.
McLaughlin has LT potential with a couple years in the weight room adding some strength.

Julian Armella is someone we have to go all in on for the 22’ class.

Marcus Tate looked good as well. He’s a pipe dream right now, but I would also be on him hard with our current momentum in recruiting.

I agree with you. Armella, Seymore and Rodriguez have the aggressiveness we have been missing in the OL.

I‘ll even go out on a limb and predict that in 2-3 years our OL will be a key strength of our team.

Pretty good showing for our OL commits...
Seymour and Rodriguez looking pretty **** good, as expected.
McLaughlin is an athletic kid but like many OL at this stage he really needs S&C. But I am encouraged by his quick feet and length.

Haye not showing much pass rush at all, but that's not his best attribute.

For next year, **** Armella has strong hands and a nasty disposition. He might go full Kyle Turley on a dude someday.

Advertisement
Just reiterating what most people have said, but if we had extra spaces to give away in the event more talented players want in, Haye and McLaughlin did not impress me a whole ton

Just reiterating what most people have said, but if we had extra spaces to give away in the event more talented players want in, Haye and McLaughlin did not impress me a whole ton
Haye & McLaughlin both have great raw tools. McLaughlin needs time to gain proper strength, but this vid is older btw and McLaughlin claims to currently weigh roughly 285-290 where he was about 255 when this was filmed. Haye on the other hand has great size & strength but no real pass rush moves right now. He'll be a nice developmental project for coach Stroud.

Advertisement
Haye & McLaughlin both have great raw tools. McLaughlin needs time to gain proper strength, but this vid is older btw and McLaughlin claims to currently weigh roughly 285-290 where he was about 255 when this was filmed. Haye on the other hand has great size & strength but no real pass rush moves right now. He'll be a nice developmental project for coach Stroud.

You're right the video is older; Haye seems to be more of a run-stuffer and raw specimen but does have great size, so as developmental players I do like for sure. I'm just saying if we have the opportunity to snag an elite player who can help immediately, then I'd consider some options.

Haye is starting from a higher starting point than Jordan Miller was when he signed. Not worried about Haye, he’ll be good to contribute year 2.

Advertisement
I agree with you. Armella, Seymore and Rodriguez have the aggressiveness we have been missing in the OL.

I‘ll even go out on a limb and predict that in 2-3 years our OL will be a key strength of our team.

That has been arguably (outside of the unwillingness to pay for proven commodities in coaching) the greatest weakness during our fall from the top the last 16 or so years.

OL becomes a key strength at UM year in and year out, then UM becomes a contender year in and year out.

Armella has a mean streak that you like to see. I think hes al columbus this year? hopefully RR gets in his ear.

Big Baby is a stud. no doubt about it

Advertisement
Back