Fullback Recruiting Question

robertpaige

Frosh
With Mo being the only LISTED fullback on the roster, and it being his senior season, what is the staff's plan for fullback? Are we actively recruiting any true fullbacks from this 2014 class? Also, from what I saw during the spring it looks like Dillard is a loooong way both physically (at 6'2" 210) and mentally (fullbacks are, by nature, bat-**** crazy; and have zero respect for anyone's well being on the field) from being a fullback. I know the kid from Fletcher, Jacob *****, is an absolute stud. Anyone know if the staff's been in contact with him at all? Idk, it just seems to me with only two running backs listed above 210 pounds and both being seniors, in a pro-style offense, that should be a concern. Thank to anyone that can answer my questions!!

*****'s film by the way if anyone wants to have a watch:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/781922/highlights/40429376

Advertisement
Gus Edwards is suppose to be the back up for Hagans this year. Should be here when fall camp opens up

Advertisement
Oh yeah, completely forgot about Gus. Hope he's a good one. Can't wait for the new guys to get on campus.

edit: although he's still only 215-220 pounds and not a true fullback which is a little bit of a worry

My main man Pat Hill was 5' 8", 250 lbs and absolutely wrecked and rocked bodies.

Gus's size is fine. Pack some meat on that 6' frame, and you got yourself a nice FB.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about Gus. Hope he's a good one. Can't wait for the new guys to get on campus.

edit: although he's still only 215-220 pounds and not a true fullback which is a little bit of a worry

I imagine Edwards will be used similar the way Lonnie Pryor was used at FSU last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back