*Full Spring Scrimmage Video on YouTube*

bored at work, so im giving my observations on this game.

some observations from strictly this game and no prior bias:
Tate martell in the first half looked really really really good, so electric and looks like hes playing back yard football, every ball was accurate. WOW'ed me. then he had one really bad drive in the second half where stared at a WIDE open player then proceeded to panic and throw to his 3rd read that was covered. and the next couple plays later he missed such an easy pass to a TE with a very clean pocket. if he can play with less panic he has to be the clear cut starter and a high level college QB.
jarren did not look good at times, and is not ready to be the starter. kind of reminded me of a poor man's kosi. bad feet in the pocket, but what he does do well is he is not afraid to find the open man regardless of who his first option is. he did not like the blitz as well.
kosi really looks like a general on the field, very smooth operator, good at reading defenses. he is very dependent on the first read, and will try to squeeze the ball into very very tight windows, as opposed to looking for a 2nd option. kosi supposedly has a cannon but did not put it on display in this game.

Non QB
scott patchan got abused at times in the run game. not good. couldn't beat our o line in a pass rush or filling a gap unless it was a walk-on.
greg roussou was beating our tackle in the pass game whenever he wanted. but i dont think he has the highest motor and quick twitch.
nesta is a beast. blowing up plays left and right. also lacks a high motor at times.
some of our guards were pulling so poorly in the run game that it was gross. donaldson and others taking so long to pull that it blew up the play. im im not a fan of the WR talent we got in our 2018 recruiting class, but would love to have them prove me wrong !

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back