*Full Spring Scrimmage Video on YouTube*

Advertisement
the first completion to will mallory looks just like the ol PA drag play on ncaa14

also, in the spring game i saw all injured players dressed in jerseys and on the team sidelines, everyone except for jeff thomas. jeff was in street clothes hanging out with dave njoku and other alums, i personally felt it was bad optics IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting!!!

Some observations:

The best UM teams have been when the defense dominates in the spring. Don't give into the OL sucks just yet.

TE is really deep. Irvin needs to work on those hands some more but looks much better.

Jarren still has issues under throwing balls down the field. I said this multiple times in the past. It's a shame because every other one of his throws is on the money. Unfortunately, I think CMR's offense would've been better for him throwing behind the DB on 4 verts.

The offense as a whole seems to run better with Tate behind center. He has chemistry already with Osborn and Pope catches his balls. IMagine how that will increase with JT4. The downside with Tate seems to be a Bortles ball every 7 or 8 throws.

Perry is the best QB at handing off. The offense looks smoother running when he's behind center.

Dallas has a knack for plays. I don't think I've ever felt the same guy should play goal line RB and also in the slot.

Knowles IS THE WORST IN SPACE TACKLER or should I say whiffer at UM of all time. Banda needs a new pair of sunglasses.

Nesta was a complete terror. If he plays like that consistently he's starting.

Wrinkle I see working in a big game out of this scheme...Option out of RPO with a RB pitching to Tate. Tate gives on the RPO then runs outside like he going to block and then the RB pitches the ball back to Tate. There were two plays in the spring game that could have gone for huge gains had that'd been an option.

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing but the one thing I saw is the Oline has a looooooong wat to go before the first game cause they are aw-ful...
They looked bad but gotta keep in mind the defense should be way ahead in the spring. When you add in that it’s a brand new scheme with all new coaches on offense multiple that times 2. I’d be much more concerned if the offense was torching the D right now.

Advertisement
The defense was mixed. Garvin was in at DE at the same time the midget walk on SS was in. That being said it seems like you have a conviction already.
Not on that drive didn’t see the midget safety in where martell was playing mostly against the first team. Regardless, plenty **** impressive drive. He was able to actually throw on the first team which is nice to see. In scrimmage 2 he had a nice 20 yard completion in the teeth of the first team defense as well

Number 49 flashes at defensive end. Not sure who that is. Nests has a good get off but doesn’t consistently run to the ball when the play is away. Ford and miller are Huge but in consistently play that way. Knowles made a nice play on goal line getting flat down the line and tackling the running back for a loss. The receivers are decent but nobody really WOWS me maybe Jeff Thomas if he was playing. Dee jay runs hard and cam is special. Waiting for linguard to get healthy because his Highschool highlights are ridiculous. If he’s anything like that this season somebody’s gonna get less carries. Tate’s mobility is a problem

Notice how there was only one QB that drove the ball into the redzone against our first team defense.

People actually think this is a competition.

Reaching the redzone and not getting 7 and you win the competition outright?

Reaching the redzone and not getting 7 and you win the competition outright?
Outperforming your competitors wins the competition.

Quick question, who else had that long of a drive against first team defense?

Advertisement
Outperforming your competitors wins the competition.

Quick question, who else had that long of a drive against first team defense?

He certainly didn't do it in the scrimmage prior.

I have no issues with Tate but your obsession with him is strange.

Advertisement
Thanks for posting!!!

Some observations:

The best UM teams have been when the defense dominates in the spring. Don't give into the OL sucks just yet.

TE is really deep. Irvin needs to work on those hands some more but looks much better.

Jarren still has issues under throwing balls down the field. I said this multiple times in the past. It's a shame because every other one of his throws is on the money. Unfortunately, I think CMR's offense would've been better for him throwing behind the DB on 4 verts.

The offense as a whole seems to run better with Tate behind center. He has chemistry already with Osborn and Pope catches his balls. IMagine how that will increase with JT4. The downside with Tate seems to be a Bortles ball every 7 or 8 throws.

Perry is the best QB at handing off. The offense looks smoother running when he's behind center.

Dallas has a knack for plays. I don't think I've ever felt the same guy should play goal line RB and also in the slot.

Knowles IS THE WORST IN SPACE TACKLER or should I say whiffer at UM of all time. Banda needs a new pair of sunglasses.

Nesta was a complete terror. If he plays like that consistently he's starting.

Wrinkle I see working in a big game out of this scheme...Option out of RPO with a RB pitching to Tate. Tate gives on the RPO then runs outside like he going to block and then the RB pitches the ball back to Tate. There were two plays in the spring game that could have gone for huge gains had that'd been an option.
"Wrinkle I see working in a big game out of this scheme...Option out of RPO with a RB pitching to Tate. Tate gives on the RPO then runs outside like he going to block and then the RB pitches the ball back to Tate. There were two plays in the spring game that could have gone for huge gains had that'd been an option".

I was mostly with you until you went down this alley. :6fps6:

Shhhhh! This is a secret, keep it just between you and me. This scrimmage was intended for the turds scouting us for season opener.

the first completion to will mallory looks just like the ol PA drag play on ncaa14

also, in the spring game i saw all injured players dressed in jerseys and on the team sidelines, everyone except for jeff thomas. jeff was in street clothes hanging out with dave njoku and other alums, i personally felt it was bad optics IMO.

One of my fav sprite plays to run bruh. Lol

"Wrinkle I see working in a big game out of this scheme...Option out of RPO with a RB pitching to Tate. Tate gives on the RPO then runs outside like he going to block and then the RB pitches the ball back to Tate. There were two plays in the spring game that could have gone for huge gains had that'd been an option".

I was mostly with you until you went down this alley. :6fps6:
I know it sounds silly but watch Tate’s snaps and you’ll see it.

Advertisement
Back