Fuente to VT

Advertisement
But but but where's their due diligence, the interviews, the 50 name list? It can't be done this way!

UM always takes forever on choosing a new coach, meanwhile all the promising recruits vanish. Get off your butt Blake.

I'm not convinced he'd be the best fit here. He just doesn't seem like a guy who'd be successful here. I think he's better suited to a place like Va Tech.

Advertisement
It's offcial per ESPN...OC and DC to stay...Foster & Fuente means big time program...Count them as the better coaches go before the "U" makes a decision...

1. Gary Patterson
2. Chip
3. Herman
4. Butch
5. Mullen

Any of them make the Fuente hire irrelevant..

Advertisement
But but but where's their due diligence, the interviews, the 50 name list? It can't be done this way!
If someone wants to jump at Fuente, so what? There are much better candidates, IMO. If they targeted him and he said yes, then it's a done deal. If our first choice says yes, then I guess we'll announce soon.

But, of course, I get your point. We are probably going to interview the field with no favorite. So, if things go according to form, the best candidate will be long gone by the time we decide to offer.

I'm not convinced he'd be the best fit here. He just doesn't seem like a guy who'd be successful here. I think he's better suited to a place like Va Tech.
Great hire...Just watch how many times Canes win in Blacksburg over the next 6/7 years

Advertisement
It doesn't matter who anyone else hires; it only matters who we hire.

Never cared for Fuente. However, VT has to be admired with their hiring process. No BS, they wanted him from the start, they got him, while Memphis beat down SMU, today.

Meanwhile... crickets here.

Advertisement
Great hire for them. People love clowning Fuente for some dumb reason, but we better hire someone really good if we don't want to be his bytch for the next 2 decades. Flubberneck was stealing checks his final few years and still did well against us.

Advertisement
Back