Fuente and Herman good young coaches....

Negged. Would neg again if I could. I'll say it again -- if we used the mentality of our fanbase as the basis for hiring decisions, Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson would never have coached at UM.

Advertisement
Pass on Fuente. Reminds me to much of Al. I want a coach that will let the dogs out.

I watched part of the Navy game and some of their defensive alignments reminded me a lot of Grholden/Dorito. It definitely knocked him down a notch on my list. Wouldn't say he is a bad candidate but he does play a very passive D compared to Herman. Their D is not that good so they rely on scoring tons of points and a team like Navy controls the clock, exposed them.

1. We've had three consecutive unproven losers. Their body of work was - minimal.

2. We cannot afford to roll the dice on another coach without a significant body of work. Not at this time.

3. Once we have a solid, established program again, maybe we want to roll the dice again on a young, upcoming coach.

This hire is going to be critical - the most important hire since just before Howard was hired.

Pass on Fuente. Reminds me to much of Al. I want a coach that will let the dogs out.

I watched part of the Navy game and some of their defensive alignments reminded me a lot of Grholden/Dorito. It definitely knocked him down a notch on my list. Wouldn't say he is a bad candidate but he does play a very passive D compared to Herman. Their D is not that good so they rely on scoring tons of points and a team like Navy controls the clock, exposed them.

A lot of teams align just like us against option teams, watch how FSU played against GT, it is extremely hard to defend against

Advertisement

A lot of teams align just like us against option teams, watch how FSU played against GT, it is extremely hard to defend against

That's true, it's about assignments but go watch the highlights and you'll see what I am talking about. Poor alignments in goal line/short yardage situations multiple times. But it's more about passiveness than just alignments. The guys allowed Navy to control the LOS all game. I've watch other games too Ole Miss, SFla and I seen a lot of passive D.

That's true, it's about assignments but go watch the highlights and you'll see what I am talking about. Poor alignments in goal line/short yardage situations multiple times. But it's more about passiveness than just alignments. The guys allowed Navy to control the LOS all game. I've watch other games too Ole Miss, SFla and I seen a lot of passive D.

its real simple against option teams you put 10 in the box with a deep safety. that is it. dare them to throw it.

Butch is my first choice, but I certainly would be happy with Herman.

Fuente's defense is disconcerting, but the guy is obviously a great coach, given what he has done at Memphis.

Would be happy with any of them.

Please just stay away from Strong, Mario, Schiano, etc...

I've been saying for weeks that Fuente is a bum. Looks like I was right, huh?

Lol

Losing to Navy is a MASSIVE FAIL

Advertisement
but Miami cannot afford to hire either at this time. It's just Timing. Herman has not done enough, which is not his fault. He was just hired! Fuente's losing to Navy is irrelevant. He can still win his conference his conference!

as a gator fan i felt the same way about mac at first thought mike gundy, todd graham, hugh freeze, dan mulen, etc would be the smart way to go because their more proven but i wouldnt trade mcelwaine for any of those guys right now

id bet herman and fuente do pretty **** well where ever they end up

Gator fans want Miami to hire Herman or Fuente.

That says it ALL

Lol

What's worse: losing to a 6-1 navy at a program that will only bring in below avg talent or losing to 9-3 ECU with a bunch of future first rounders? Don't want to hear the youth and experience excuse. UFs coach inherited a team that won 11 total games in the two years before he got there. He's now going to the SEC title game in year 1 with a bunch of young kids and Treon Harris at QB.

BTW, winning isn't all that brings in talent.

The most talented teams are ALL located in recruiting hotbeds and are the big school in the area. Alabama, LSU, UGA, FSU, Clemson, OSU, USC, etc... are all located in recruiting hotbeds. That's why a 4-8 UF team can yawn and bring in a top-10 class. They'll always be able to do that, no matter what. UCF won a BCS game and didn't bring in **** for recruits and their facilities are actually decent.

Miami is located in SFL - bring me an offensive genius that has an elite track record for maximizing production out of his qbs.

Last edited:

Lol

You do know that Navy is ranked in the top 25, right?

Their only loss is AT Notre Dame, and they were only down 24-21 at the half ...

I can't believe you are still posting from 1985! LOL

Catch up with the times, bro. LOL

Lol

LMAO @ you trying to paint NAVY as some kind of powerhouse

NAVY!

I just spit out my coffee, that's ******* priceless bro. You know that Navy doesn't even recruit regular football players, right? You know that they don't have regular practices and stuff, right?

Their kids are all IN THE NAVY. They spend most of their time scrubbing floors with toothbrushes, marching around in circles, and cleaning their rifles.

LMAO at anybody trying to paint Navy as some legit div 1 football team.

Your boy Fuente list by 20 points to a part-time college football team

Advertisement
Butch is my first choice, but I certainly would be happy with Herman.

Fuente's defense is disconcerting, but the guy is obviously a great coach, given what he has done at Memphis.

Would be happy with any of them.

Please just stay away from Strong, Mario, Schiano, etc...

didn't mean to downvote.

Lol

Shut the ***** UP.....................No quality coach should be losing to Navy!

Lol

NAVY!

I just spit out my coffee, that's ****ing priceless bro. You know that Navy doesn't even recruit regular football players, right? You know that they don't have regular practices and stuff, right?

Their kids are all IN THE NAVY. They spend most of their time scrubbing floors with toothbrushes, marching around in circles, and cleaning their rifles.

Look at the history of the two programs.
Navy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Memphis
It's not even close.

Fuente isn't in my top picks because I don't think he's a fit but you're reasoning is stupid. Herman would kill it here.

Advertisement

Lol

NAVY!

I just spit out my coffee, that's ****ing priceless bro. You know that Navy doesn't even recruit regular football players, right? You know that they don't have regular practices and stuff, right?

Look at the history of the two programs.
Navy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Memphis
It's not even close.

Fuente isn't in my top picks because I don't think he's a fit but you're reasoning is stupid. Herman would kill it here.

If we play Tulane, SMU, Tennessee tech, Texas State and the like.......PhuckOuttaHere!

Herman needs time.

Advertisement
Back