FSU won't dominate Miami's focus in 2015

Advertisement
the fact there is an article written to even address that says otherwise. that's a someone saying they're over their ex but then go on to devote 5 hours of their day to constantly communicate how they're over their ex.

the fact there is an article written to even address that says otherwise. that's a someone saying they're over their ex but then go on to devote 5 hours of their day to constantly communicate how they're over their ex.

Agree , Pretty sad actually how much they consume both us and the team. But, seems like forever since we have beat them.

like kaayas message here, the attitude in this program that we were big dogs when we couldnt even win our division was toxic, its a humble statement really, you gotta build up to FSU just cant jump to their level and quit when you lose to them

On if his team suffered a letdown after emotional investment in Florida State game…
“I think obviously as a coach, it’s one of the things that I have to evaluate. I have to look closely at it. Going back to that, we did invest a lot, but it’s easy during the week to just paint a brush and say that’s the reason. That’s one of the things that I will evaluate personally. In terms of our kids practicing, or mindset, or things like that, I haven’t noticed a difference.

The above is a quote from Golden AFTER the Pitt loss last year.

So, who sets the tone of the season being about the FSU game?

And if it is about them, how many losses to them does it take to realize you aren't the guy for the job?

Advertisement
“The past two years, after losing to Florida State, we kind of sulked, heads down,” Kirby said. “We can’t let that define us.”

That's a loser mentality.

Don't mean to be negative, but I can't fathom that winners PLAN on "survival mode" for a potential loss since such loss occurred “The past two years,” [and the years before that]

That's just NOT the U I know. Nor how the U should frame its mentality.

“The past two years, after losing to Florida State, we kind of sulked, heads down,” Kirby said. “We can’t let that define us.”

That's a loser mentality.

Don't mean to be negative, but I can't fathom that winners PLAN on "survival mode" for a potential loss since such loss occurred “The past two years,” [and the years before that]

That's just NOT the U I know. Nor how the U should frame its mentality.

Players take on their coaches personality , he's a whiner and a loser

Advertisement
Losers. They're building an entire 2015 approach around how one game (FSU) ruined them in 2014. What a bunch of inept fcking losers. We had 3 fugging losses BEFORE that game.

It was a **** season BEFORE FSU. And FSU 2014 is not the first time the team quit on Folden. They've done it every year.

UM will continue to fail as long as everyone in the program keeps lying to each other and looking for some convenient excuse or easy scapegoat.

I thought that had we beaten FSU we might have won 2-3 of our last games. However, there's a good chance we still lose those games because half our team would have felt they had won the national championship by beating FSU, then not shown up for the rest of the season. I don't know what to think about the entire program right now. This is my last season of caring AT ALL if changes aren't made. I have better things to do with my life than tie up Saturdays in the fall watching bad football.
didnt we have 3 loses before FSU?

This is what I don't get... We already had 3 losses prior to that game... It wasn't like we were a top 15 squad then collapsed...

Advertisement
FSU ruined our season in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014.

Somehow the team didn't fold after losing to them in 2013, probably because they believed losing 30-13 was a moral victory and s step forward, similar to how the 98 team didn't quit after losing a hard-fought game at home against FSU.

I thought that had we beaten FSU we might have won 2-3 of our last games. However, there's a good chance we still lose those games because half our team would have felt they had won the national championship by beating FSU, then not shown up for the rest of the season. I don't know what to think about the entire program right now. This is my last season of caring AT ALL if changes aren't made. I have better things to do with my life than tie up Saturdays in the fall watching bad football.

This is what I don't get... We already had 3 losses prior to that game... It wasn't like we were a top 15 squad then collapsed...

Too many hypotheticals man... We could have won our remaining games or we could have lost the remaining as we did... UVA and Pitt still beat us like GT... They just ran the balls down our throats... Our season was over (according to many of our expectations) when we lost 3 games prior to FSU... Yea we tore up the finesse squads with no defense (UNC, DUke, and Cincy) and putrid offenses (VT, Duke J was incredible that night) but teams who wanted to impose their will on us stomped us out...

Advertisement
Does AG have a preset amount of catch phrases?! Good god I can't stand this clown and his word. YOU are a god**** college football coach...

Exactly. I think those teams probably beat us anyway, regardless of the FSU outcome. It made for a convenient excuse, one that I bought at the time, but we very well lose every game even had we held on to beat FSU.

Too many hypotheticals man... We could have won our remaining games or we could have lost the remaining as we did... UVA and Pitt still beat us like GT... They just ran the balls down our throats... Our season was over (according to many of our expectations) when we lost 3 games prior to FSU... Yea we tore up the finesse squads with no defense (UNC, DUke, and Cincy) and putrid offenses (VT, Duke J was incredible that night) but teams who wanted to impose their will on us stomped us out...

That article tells you all you need to know about how soft and fragile the team's psyche is. This team is ready to quit before the season starts.

Advertisement
Back