FSU UGA Game thread

Advertisement
IMG_4988.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
They count
It may be the only solution, but it will still suck. The team in week 0 will be a different team than the one who actually earned the bowl game the year before. Plus, you'll have the playoff teams complaining because they get one less game on their resume at the end of the season, unless you have all playoff teams face their respective opponents in rematches in week 0 as well. Of course, those teams that did not make a bowl game from the year before will be at a disadvantage as they will have one fewer game on their resumes at the end of the year.

I know individual players have taken out insurance policies to cover them in case of injury. Perhaps they could expand those policies? I don't know. Between these yearly opt outs and realignment, college football is getting out of control.

It may be the only solution, but it will still suck. The team in week 0 will be a different team than the one who actually earned the bowl game the year before. Plus, you'll have the playoff teams complaining because they get one less game on their resume at the end of the season, unless you have all playoff teams face their respective opponents in rematches in week 0 as well. Of course, those teams that did not make a bowl game from the year before will be at a disadvantage as they will have one fewer game on their resumes at the end of the year.

I know individual players have taken out insurance policies to cover them in case of injury. Perhaps they could expand those policies? I don't know. Between these yearly opt outs and realignment, college football is getting out of control.
To balance it out I think everyone plays 12 games. like we do now, only the first opponent for many of these teams will be a so-called bowl game. We already have a few of these early out-of-conference games. We would just have more.

I don’t know a good solution to the opt outs. The biggest problem is the calendar for the transfer portal. Player transfer in time for the January semester or quarter so they can participate in the spring practice. Maybe only allow transfers prior to the Fall semester or quarter, but that doesn’t seem practical.

Advertisement
To balance it out I think everyone plays 12 games. like we do now, only the first opponent for many of these teams will be a so-called bowl game. We already have a few of these early out-of-conference games. We would just have more.

I don’t know a good solution to the opt outs. The biggest problem is the calendar for the transfer portal. Player transfer in time for the January semester or quarter so they can participate in the spring practice. Maybe only allow transfers prior to the Fall semester or quarter, but that doesn’t seem practical.
I still don't know how you do that scheduling-wise. Every team has 12 games scheduled - typically years in advance. So, each bowl team would have to cancel an OOC game. Which one do they pick? Who pays the cancellation fee? How does the OOC opponent find a new opponent so quickly?

I still think most opt outs would occur. Kids would still know they want to enter the portal and want to avoid injury. It sucks.

What's scary is how this whole mindset is even migrating into the NFL. Teams are starting to bench starters who they will want to get rid of in the offseason (i.e. Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, etc.).

I still don't know how you do that scheduling-wise. Every team has 12 games scheduled - typically years in advance. So, each bowl team would have to cancel an OOC game. Which one do they pick? Who pays the cancellation fee? How does the OOC opponent find a new opponent so quickly?

I still think most opt outs would occur. Kids would still know they want to enter the portal and want to avoid injury. It sucks.

What's scary is how this whole mindset is even migrating into the NFL. Teams are starting to bench starters who they will want to get rid of in the offseason (i.e. Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, etc.).
Yes, there’s no easy solution. I think the scheduling wouldn’t be a problem. Not easy but doable.

School should drop playing regular season games against FCS schools and play them as their spring game. Not every team plays FCS teams but right there you clear a lot of schedule room. Pay the FCS teams to participate in spring.

There are a number of complicated problems in today’s college football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The committee sent FSU to their slaughter. There was no way they would allow FSU without Travis to play Michigan. They have done their political bull**** best to see that Harbaugh never hoists the trophy. They got their perfect excuse with Travis going down. Between the sign stealing scandal and infractions the FSU snub to me is the smaller picture. FSU was going to get crushed by Georgia even if their opt outs played.

Sumbuddy told me dat FSU had a gud fooseball teem an shood be in da playoffs. . . Hmmmmm. On da briteside they kep it within 60.

Advertisement
Back