FSU RB Rodney Hill Transfers to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
The NCAA stated that anyone who transfers while the injunction is in effect is immediately eligible for fall sports. That includes football. Are you saying you think the NCAA is going to say, "oh wait, we changed our minds"
IMG_5538.jpeg

1705876872712.png

It’s simply not what they said. This is guidance for this academic year. Nothing about fall sports.

Advertisement
View attachment 280154
View attachment 280155

It’s simply not what they said. This is guidance for this academic year. Nothing about fall sports.

Yahoo sports directly asked the ncaa for clarification on the guidance sent to schools. The NCAA said yes, students who transferred are immediately eligible to play in the fall. The transfers are subject to academic requirements (GPA, number of credits) but as long as they meet academic requirements they can play in the fall.

Question No. 3: Does the preliminary injunction enjoin the NCAA from enforcing Bylaw 14.5.5.1, as it relates to an undergraduate fall-sport student-athlete who transfers midyear (spring 2024), seeking confirmation of the student-athlete’s participation opportunity for the fall 2024 season?

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year. The student-athlete would still be subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year.

"The NCAA guidance does clarify that transfers would be subject to “any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year.”

This is a major rule change that will drastically affect rosters across many sports in 2024, giving players the opportunity to change schools a second, or even a third time without the punishment of sitting out for a season."

Yahoo sports directly asked the ncaa for clarification on the guidance sent to schools. The NCAA said yes, students who transferred are immediately eligible to play in the fall. The transfers are subject to academic requirements (GPA, number of credits) but as long as they meet academic requirements they can play in the fall.

Question No. 3: Does the preliminary injunction enjoin the NCAA from enforcing Bylaw 14.5.5.1, as it relates to an undergraduate fall-sport student-athlete who transfers midyear (spring 2024), seeking confirmation of the student-athlete’s participation opportunity for the fall 2024 season?

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year. The student-athlete would still be subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year.

"The NCAA guidance does clarify that transfers would be subject to “any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year.”

This is a major rule change that will drastically affect rosters across many sports in 2024, giving players the opportunity to change schools a second, or even a third time without the punishment of sitting out for a season."
If that’s from the NCAA then I stand corrected.

Advertisement
FAMU drop add last day was Jan 12 ours was Jan 24. Wonder if he has to pay tuition at UM for the first semester or not?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario: Yes Rodney we would love for you to join and compete. I think you can be a contributor here.

Rodney: Great, I'm committed let's go canes.

Mario: Awesome, so about that fsu playbook. Give it to me.

Rodney: here you go coach.

Mario: thank you for your services son, I think you should go back to famu, you ain't actually gonna play here.

Mario: Yes Rodney we would love for you to join and compete. I think you can be a contributor here.

Mario: thank you for your services son, I think you should go back to famu, you ain't actually gonna play here.
Christopher Mcdonald Lol GIF

So it is true... Rodney don't get no respect.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back