FSU QB

Not much different than how we will probably approach the 2014 season.........a veteran transfer and a redshirt frosh starting..

Advertisement
I watched the FSPoo's spring game just for the QB matchup. I'm a former QB, albeit at the HS level but I know what I'm looking at. Winston has very good mechanics and a nice arm but as was said his long ball is very flat. He'll get picked A LOT on the long balls down the side lines and across the middle. I'm not sure he gets the start this year. Both of their other QB's are nothing to write home about though. It's going to be a rough year in Tally. Defense is no where near as good as they were last year. Offense will not be very good either. Just my two cents

You saw what I saw. We SHOULD bet FL and FSU this year barring injuries to SM, Duke, CP, DB, or DP.

Advertisement
So as UM fans you can say we didnt learn anything about our team from spring but FSU is going to struggle from what we saw in the spring? I saw a kid who is going to run and will have 3 solid rb's behind him and a OL that returns 4/5....Saw a D that didnt do anything special but obviously has size and athletic...FSU is not a gimme neither is UF

Thanks for the sermon, but I failed to see where anyone said they were going to be a cakewalk.
And yes based on what Miami has returning vs what FSU has I don't think it's a stretch.

So as UM fans you can say we didnt learn anything about our team from spring but FSU is going to struggle from what we saw in the spring? I saw a kid who is going to run and will have 3 solid rb's behind him and a OL that returns 4/5....Saw a D that didnt do anything special but obviously has size and athletic...FSU is not a gimme neither is UF
In spring ball you don't look at the scheme as much as the speed and recognition of what's happening on the field. Our boys were as fast as I've seen in the last 10 years. Some of te young Guys are still learning and will blow plays. It's gonna happen but we are running at a more proficient and efficient level than FSPoo in regards to the spring games.

Advertisement
I am hoping he is Rix 2.0

Hope he is Rix 2.0 in the sense that he loses to Miami 5 times in his career. It's been a while now, but was Rix really that bad or was he just unfortunate to face one of the greatest defenses of all time? Given our defense I hope Winston is significantly worse than Rix 2.0.

so many fsu People are hyping winston up so much its not even funny when he hasnt done anything in a actual game.

I just finished watching all 5 series Winston ran in the FSU spring game.

First off an overall assessment. Kid has physical skills, decent accuracy, good vision, quick decision maker. Plays loose. Looked solid for a kid that doesn't have to worry about getting hit. FSU threw the ball like 90% of the time, which makes sense since they are having a QB battle. Didn't see any of their starting backs on the field just some big lummox named Abrams or something. Christian Jones is a beast and I'm not sure they are gonna be able to get away with playing Williams at Safety he looks too big to be able to cover.

Now each drive for Winston

1) Joyner is on a Caucasian walk on receiver and falls asleep. good read by Winston questionable throw if the kid isn't wide open. Way too flat woulda been broken up or picked if Joyner didn't have his head up his ***.

2) Winston on a short field gets an amazing spot on 4th down to extend his drive and then Greene burns his man on an outside dig and makes the rest of the play with his feet. Similar to the play Rashawn Scott made in the spring game.

3) took some sacks, made some solid throws. One great catch by Dent resulting in a missed field goal. I believe it was Wide Right. drive was pretty long at least two or three solid throws

4) 3 and out

5) another great spot results in a first down, followed by a nice seam throw. Refs swallow the whistle on a boot, coulda been called a sack, pass rusher wasn't lookin for contact just playing touch. Winston made it inside the 5 and the drive resulted in a score.

Was impressed with what I heard but, less so with what I saw. Kid has the tools but, it was a glorified practice and the scrimmage was biased towards the offense.

Advertisement

That's a sad, sad cowboy song.

FSU next year = Ohio State in 2011 or whatever year we beat them.

Advertisement
FSU is talking like he is Johnny Manziel 2.0 lmao

I watched some of the Nolies scrimmage before the CANES scrimmage & the Espin announcers were comparing the kid to John Elway which I thought was a joke. Dude hasn't even played 1 down of meaningful ball yet & they're comparing him to Elway?!?!?! Talk about DelusiNole!!!

I'm scared to death of Winston. I'm hoping baseball creates enough interference.

Advertisement
Back