FSU LIVE BOT Meeting - Livestream link

I don't think Florida could keep FSU out of the SEC. I don't know what their vote requirement is. I imagine it's 2/3 at worst.

Cal, Stanford, and SMU got into the ACC with 3-4 schools that voted no.

UF can’t keep FSU out of the SEC just like A&M couldn’t keep Texas out. UF will fall into line just like A&M did and vote yes if it ever came to that.

Advertisement
UF can’t keep FSU out of the SEC just like A&M couldn’t keep Texas out. UF will fall into line just like A&M did and vote yes if it ever came to that.

Correct.

Even trying to assemble a group of one-third of the schools to co-blackball has gotten harder with more schools in the SEC now.

i believe they have to get everyone to vote yes
According to SaturdayDownSouth, when Texas and Oklahoma were voted in the requirement was 11 of 14 teams. They both were unanimous, but 11 of 14 was needed.
So, with the SEC now at 16 teams, it would take 13 of 16 teams to vote yes for another team to be added to their conference.

I shouldn't even respond to your thoughtless post. Miami is not an SEC school in any way.

Secondly Miami recruits nationally.

Thirdly, if you haven't paid attention, those Northern schools recruit in the South especially Florida.

Lastly, Miami is a high academic and research school. It doesn't fit the SEC academic profile, but is a perfect match academically for the B1G.

Mark my words, Miami will be in the B1G.

What a load of drivel. Out of the 120+ individuals listed on the 2023 roster for UM:

There are a grand total of 10 players from current and future B1G states (with 4 of those from Cali, Oregon and Washington). The overwhelming remainder are from Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and then other SEC states. 105+ players

No one, absolutely no one, would want their kid from Georgia or Florida to play 50% of their games in some shïtty cold rustbelt state that isn’t worth the plane ride for an away game.

We are competing with SEC schools for our recruits, and are built like an SEC school team wise… I think it’s time to step away from controlled substances :)

I wonder which of the two make the most sense for a team in Southeast Florida to join…

IMG_6677.png
IMG_6676.png

Advertisement
I wonder which of the two make the most sense for a team in Southeast Florida to join…

View attachment 275496View attachment 275493
You know if you really want to do your argument right you shouldn’t be a typical idiot in 2023 That ignores actual facts when it’s inconvenient like the actual profile of the deal$$$ and what states the BIG 10 will actually be in.

What a load of drivel. Out of the 120+ individuals listed on the 2023 roster for UM:

There are a grand total of 10 players from current and future B1G states (with 4 of those from Cali, Oregon and Washington). The overwhelming remainder are from Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and then other SEC states. 105+ players

No one, absolutely no one, would want their kid from Georgia or Florida to play 50% of their games in some shïtty cold rustbelt state that isn’t worth the plane ride for an away game.

We are competing with SEC schools for our recruits, and are built like an SEC school team wise… I think it’s time to step away from controlled substances :)
You should stop posting. You're making yourself look foolish. MIami is not joining the SEC.

Your argument to not play in the B1G due to weather is just silly. Only 4 road conference games and 2 of them would be in November.

Your whole argument is based on the weather of 2 games. Do you really think the administration is factoring that into its decision? If you do, then I can sell you the Brooklyn and GW bridges along with the Holland tunnel just in time for the Pinstripe Bowl so you can have your own private access roads.

I'll say it one last time, Miami fits the B1G profile. Miami will be involved in a conference with hundreds of millions of federal research dollars to the university.

Below is an article of when Rutgers and Maryland were added to the conference. The article points out that any TV revenue Rutgers and Maryland would generate is miniscule to the amount of money they'll bring in from federally funded research.

I'll say it again for you and others having a hard time understanding. Federal research money to AAU schools brings in more money each year than ALL of college football AND college basketball COMBINED.

Advertisement
You should stop posting. You're making yourself look foolish. MIami is not joining the SEC.

Your argument to not play in the B1G due to weather is just silly. Only 4 road conference games and 2 of them would be in November.

Your whole argument is based on the weather of 2 games. Do you really think the administration is factoring that into its decision? If you do, then I can sell you the Brooklyn and GW bridges along with the Holland tunnel just in time for the Pinstripe Bowl so you can have your own private access roads.

I'll say it one last time, Miami fits the B1G profile. Miami will be involved in a conference with hundreds of millions of federal research dollars to the university.

Below is an article of when Rutgers and Maryland were added to the conference. The article points out that any TV revenue Rutgers and Maryland would generate is miniscule to the amount of money they'll bring in from federally funded research.

I'll say it again for you and others having a hard time understanding. Federal research money to AAU schools brings in more money each year than ALL of college football AND college basketball COMBINED.

My argument is based on geography, on the recruiting aspect of… oh, 90% of our roster, and the fact that parents of our players don’t necessarily live in Miami but are scattered throughout the Southeast.

You keep spouting off about federal research dollars, those aren’t based on what conference your athletics are in :)

I’m sure you live in some godforsaken hole in Ohio and are dying to see the Canes up there, but the more you speak about research and academics, the more Notre Dame seems appropriate for your fandom.

My argument is based on geography, on the recruiting aspect of… oh, 90% of our roster, and the fact that parents of our players don’t necessarily live in Miami but are scattered throughout the Southeast.

You keep spouting off about federal research dollars, those aren’t based on what conference your athletics are in :)

I’m sure you live in some godforsaken hole in Ohio and are dying to see the Canes up there, but the more you speak about research and academics, the more Notre Dame seems appropriate for your fandom.

Academics and Academic Research: Not even close. BiG >>>>>>>> sec
Media: Was all BiG with NY, DC, Chicago, Detroit. But TX, Washington and USC/UCLA even it up. Miami swings it either way.
Conference Recruiting: SEC definitely >>> BiG
Miami Recruiting: I don't think conference matters here. If anything, I expect we'll have a bigger advantage if we go to the BiG. But it's arguable either way.

Personally, I prefer to be in the BiG because of academics, and because I don't see a negative impact on recruiting. But I'll be happy either way. Just GTFO of the corrupt and toothless ACC.

Who wants to tell this fool what state comprises a ton of Ohio state and Michigan Nebraska etc rosters

Last edited:

I think UM would strongly prefer the B1G, but if the SEC ever decides to knock on our door again (even if it's just a power play to keep the B1G out of Florida), we absolutely have to say yes.

Advertisement

Facts.

Where is the evidence that "Miami is not joining the SEC?"

People love to spout off about 100% speculative **** as if it's pure fact, it's laughable. You don't know if we're joining the SEC, the Big 10, or even remaining in the ACC or joining the Big 12. You have zero clue.

You're just giving your opinion, and the other guy gave his opinion, and neither is necessarily any better than the other.

Advertisement

Jeremiah Smith says Hi.

Win and guys will come if we were the Univ of Alaska

Jeremiah Smith says Hi.

Win and guys will come if we were the Univ of Alaska

Ohio State’s roster has 6 dudes from Florida.

We have 100 from Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana.

That’s not sustainable, and you know it. We’d get great Oline players, but we already do.

Ohio State’s roster has 6 dudes from Florida.

We have 100 from Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana.

That’s not sustainable, and you know it. We’d get great Oline players, but we already do.
You're making **** up.

50% of our 100-man roster is from FL, GA, LA and the other 50% is not.

Advertisement
Back