FSU is playing pretty well right now

NorthFlaCane

Senior
Sure their last 4 games have been against the dregs of the ACC, but they have been rolling:

Sat, Oct 15 @Duke W41-16 3-3 (1-2)
Sat, Oct 22 vsMaryland W41-16 4-3 (2-2)
Sat, Oct 29 vsNorth Carolina State W34-0 5-3 (3-2)
Thu, Nov 3 @Boston College W38-7 6-3 (4-2)

They've won their last 4 by an average score of 38-10.

Advertisement
They're finally getting some consistently good play from their QB, RB's, and OL.

They've had to deal with a ton of injuries on offense (Thompson, Manuel, Datko, Spurlock, Greene, etc)

Their OL is finally solidified and Manuel and Freeman have stepped their game.

They have one of the deepest wr corps in the country.

Nick O'Leary is becoming more of a weapon.

They are deep as **** on the DL and have some freaks playing linebacker.

I think we can exploit their secondary. They have some really good players like Harris, Joyner, Reid, and Rhodes but I don't think they've faced an offense as balanced as ours since they played Clemson.

Gonna have to outscore (ala shootout) them to win, IMO. Our D will be roughly what we've seen every game and they will score on us. Still think we win.

this game, IMO will be similar to 2009. Probably a mirror image with it coming down to the final few seconds for one of us to **** the game away.

this game, IMO will be similar to 2009. Probably a mirror image with it coming down to the final few seconds for one of us to **** the game away.

Exactly what I was thinking. Shootout, team with the final drive will have the chance to win.

Advertisement
Im thinking this has the earmarks of our VT game this year, but with a different ending I hope. Both FSU & UM can be a bit bipolar. If both "good" teams show up, this could be an entertaining game to see. I knew in my bones within the first 5 minutes of the Cavs game we were toast. If yesterdays team show up, we score often and early, it's game on.

Don't let them fool you !!!! Look at what they have played so they have not beat anyone with a winning record....jussaying

They'll come out fast, aggressive, and hitting us in the mouth. They always do, and I think they're a little ahead of us right now... it's going to be tough, and chippy. I can't wait to see how we respond. I am not just real optimistic about the outcome, but I think we'll learn about who we are and where we are in this one.

By any chance does anyone remember way back back back when people bumped old threads? Kind of an oldie, but a goodie! And it is even funnier when most people see what happened, but the 1-2 people don't, and lose their minds a little!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back