FSU is a quality win!

Advertisement
The FSU we played isnt the same FSU that beat NC. Travis makes them a completely different team and if you remember, we couldnt stop his run when he came in against us.
Travis threw an interception against UM that blew open the game. It was 0ne of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen and he threw the ball where only Phillips had a chance.
Trafis also doesn’t play defense and we put up 52 on this defense. FSU is not completely different. They play better at home like all college teams and UNC played a bad game, punt blocked, lots of dropped passes.

I don’t mind them with Travis at the helm, tonight was straight up fool’s gold, he’s too limited of a passer to take them anywhere. He’s like a homeless man’s Tebow

As I watched FSU nearly blow a 31-7 lead in the 2nd half, I kept thinking that they are what UM was for the last decade. Ready to take over the game on the opening drive of the 2nd half, and then a stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty leads to zero points. It was all downhill from there. Just like UM in recent years, they played to run out the clock instead of stepping on UNC's neck. The script could have been copied from any number of UM games in the last 10 years. The only difference was UNC's dropped passes at the end. UM never received such gifts from opponents.

The announcers were all praise for Travis. I'm not convinced that he is FSU's savior. He appears small to me and more comfortable running than passing. Good combination for repeated injuries. And, he failed to lead a single scoring drive in the second half. I'm hoping that FSU goes through 10 years of pain just like UM did.

And then there is UNC. How do you fall behind by 24 in the 1st half to a winless team? Yes, great comeback try, but when the money was on the line, they dropped catchable passes. They play ND late in the season. Let's see how they look against a top team.

Advertisement
As I watched FSU nearly blow a 31-7 lead in the 2nd half, I kept thinking that they are what UM was for the last decade. Ready to take over the game on the opening drive of the 2nd half, and then a stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalty leads to zero points. It was all downhill from there. Just like UM in recent years, they played to run out the clock instead of stepping on UNC's neck. The script could have been copied from any number of UM games in the last 10 years. The only difference was UNC's dropped passes at the end. UM never received such gifts from opponents.

The announcers were all praise for Travis. I'm not convinced that he is FSU's savior. He appears small to me and more comfortable running than passing. Good combination for repeated injuries. And, he failed to lead a single scoring drive in the second half. I'm hoping that FSU goes through 10 years of pain just like UM did.

And then there is UNC. How do you fall behind by 24 in the 1st half to a winless team? Yes, great comeback try, but when the money was on the line, they dropped catchable passes. They play ND late in the season. Let's see how they look against a top team.
I hope they beat the crap out of ND because they come here the week after.

I hope they beat the crap out of ND because they come here the week after.
I have mixed feelings about that. The most important thing is that UM keeps winning and beats UNC. Everything else is just a mental exercise. Keep winning and beat UNC, then UM has an ACC championship game against Clemson or ND. A respectable showing...who knows, maybe even an upset win...and UM will have a quality bowl (and I think this year UM is ready to win one of those) and recruiting will reach the next level.

Advertisement
Travis threw an interception against UM that blew open the game. It was 0ne of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen and he threw the ball where only Phillips had a chance.
Trafis also doesn’t play defense and we put up 52 on this defense. FSU is not completely different. They play better at home like all college teams and UNC played a bad game, punt blocked, lots of dropped passes.

Agree i think UNC walked in thinking they were gonna do what we did to FSU and FSU came out swinging (props to them)

This is Mack Browns M.O. for over 20 years... his teams believe the hype and go lose a game they should have no business losing.

I remember him throwing a god awful INT and leaving the game injured against us.

That guy?
EE42AE90-104C-4F54-9B8C-E6CCD19779E4.png

Louisville too despite losing.
The fact ND beat UL and FSU far less impressively than us should help us. Problem is, if they play Clemson even a slight bit better than we did, that is all they will notice. We need to win out and hope Clemson beats the **** out of ND. Actually, I think ND loses somewhere else along the way.

I have mixed feelings about that. The most important thing is that UM keeps winning and beats UNC. Everything else is just a mental exercise. Keep winning and beat UNC, then UM has an ACC championship game against Clemson or ND. A respectable showing...who knows, maybe even an upset win...and UM will have a quality bowl (and I think this year UM is ready to win one of those) and recruiting will reach the next level.

We need Notre Dame to lose to Both Clemson and UNC or we're going to get ****ed in the "tie breaker" assuming we win out

Advertisement
Advertisement

The commentators were giving the "This is a great result for College football. If you're a College football fan you want FSU to be good" spiel.

*****, they won the National Title 6 years ago. **** that.

Facts; UNC waltzed in thinking they would beat FSU; got punched in the mouth in the 1st half; 2nd half UNC woke up & completely dominated FSU to the tune of 21-0, but they woke up a little too late, and the effort was too short.

FSpoo is who they are, and they are hurting for a QB. The team is trash, but sometimes a dog will have its day.

That UNC game just became bigger for us, ASSUMING we take care of our biz like we’re supposed to.

Facts; UNC waltzed in thinking they would beat FSU; got punched in the mouth in the 1st half; 2nd half UNC woke up & completely dominated FSU to the tune of 21-0, but they woke up a little too late, and the effort was too short.

FSpoo is who they are, and they are hurting for a QB. The team is trash, but sometimes a dog will have its day.

That UNC game just became bigger for us, ASSUMING we take care of our biz like we’re supposed to.
I hope UNC loses a few more before us so the refs have no reason to ***** us over. If they play like they did yesterday, they just might.

Advertisement
Back