FSU in Stats

407cane

All-ACC
numbers may be skewed because so early in the season but we can't help that and it's all we got to go off of so here it goes. Judging by these, statistically one of the worst defenses in the country in many areas, a little worse than I thought. I expect very little pressure on kaaya and a very high scoring game. Their offense plays well and will score on us so we need to score 30+ to win.

all rankings out of 128 FBS teams

Total Defense: 94th (438.4 yds per game given up) ---> Miami is 36th averaging 474 yards per game

Rushing Defense: 92nd (191.2 yds per game given up) ---> Miami is 24th in Rushing Offense 232 yards per game, also 7 ypc

Passing Defense: 83rd (247.2 yds per game given up) ---> Kaaya ranks 1st in ACC in yards per attempt and 18th in country in completion percentage

Scoring defense: 105th (35.4 ppg) ---> Miami is 4th in Scoring Offense at 47 ppg

Team Passing Efficiency Defense 115th (154.6) ---> Miami is 12th in Passing Efficiency (168.31)

3rd down Defense % 102nd (43.9%) ---> Miami offense is 43rd in 3rd down % at 45%

Penalties 118th (9.20)

Penalty yards 124th (88.20)

Net Punting 108th (34 yards)

Tackles for Loss: 85th (5.6 per game)---> Miami is 4th in the nation in TFL allowed at 2.75 per game

Sacks: 24th (3.20 per game) ---> Miami is 5th in the nation is 1/2 sack allowed per game

Tackles for Loss Allowed: 95th (6.6 tfl allowed per game) ---> Miami is 1st in the nation with 12 TFL per game

Sacks Allowed: 112th (3.2 sacks allowed per game) ---> Miami is 4th in the nation averaging 4 per game

Our defensive line is going to cause mayhem next Saturday night and they will be the key to the game. FSU plays well on offense and can put up some points, but their offensive line has played very poorly and luckily for us, our defensive line may be our strongest unit as a whole right now. FSU doesn't have a shot in **** stopping our offense, and if our D line can cause pressure and slow them down then we have this in the bag

Last edited:
Advertisement
3rd down Defense % 102nd (43.9%) ---> Miami is 43rd in 3rd down % at 45%

Interesting that such a small difference in % makes such a huge difference in rank. It certainly looks like our strengths lign up well with their weaknesses, but I have to assume we'll get a better effort out of them than they've given other teams. Or maybe they've checked out, in which case Saturday is going to be crazy fun instead of just enjoyable.

Interesting that such a small difference in % makes such a huge difference in rank. It certainly looks like our strengths lign up well with their weaknesses, but I have to assume we'll get a better effort out of them than they've given other teams. Or maybe they've checked out, in which case Saturday is going to be crazy fun instead of just enjoyable.

sorry I didn't clarify our ranking, those are separate

^ we are 43rd in 3rd down offense which is why 45% is good for 43rd.

they are 102nd in 3rd down defense. we are above average in getting 3rd down conversions(we took a hit with the GT game), they are near the bottom in giving up nearly 45% of conversions to other teams.

that bodes well for us

they are 102nd in 3rd down defense. we are above average in getting 3rd down conversions(we took a hit with the GT game), they are near the bottom in giving up nearly 45% of conversions to other teams.

that bodes well for us

I meant that giving up 43.9% puts you near the bottom while making 45% puts you a bit in the top half. Doesn't seem like much of a gap, but one says you're a decent offense, the other says you're a sucky defense.

Or am I reading that wrong?

A lot of the yards we've given up pretty much came against GTech... Obviously, considering the opponents we've played we've been expectedly stout.

But FSU, hasn't had a game all season where their Defense looked any good, even against Charles Southern & USF, that Defense has looked like something out of the Big XII.

That's one of the main advantages we have over practically every opponent we play on the rest of the schedule, none of them have good Defenses. That's not to say they can't have a good performance in a game, but overall, none of the teams we play really have an elite Defense.

FSU has talent & a bunch of high Star guys, but they certainly haven't performed like it yet... But other than them, not a lot of great Defenses in the Coastal. Doesn't mean we're going undefeated or anything, but it's a positive in our favor as the season progresses.

Advertisement

that bodes well for us

I meant that giving up 43.9% puts you near the bottom while making 45% puts you a bit in the top half. Doesn't seem like much of a gap, but one says you're a decent offense, the other says you're a sucky defense.

Or am I reading that wrong?

ah I gotcha, yeah you're right. I mean this is a stat that we don't necessarily excel at, I just put it there because they are bad at stopping drives and we are above average at continuing them. I suppose most the top teams in the country hold people well below the average when they play bottom dwellers or non fbs teams which is why might explain why nearly the same percentage is such a flipped script for offense and defense

Advertisement
Back