FSU Head Coach Potential Candidates

Advertisement
Manny Diaz on Willie Taggarts firing; paraphrased "[you hate to see it]"

The Joe Rose Show with Zach Krantz 560 WQAM

Pretty much the only correct response any Cane fan should have about this subject.

I actually would love that. As a UCF alum and season ticket holder I really don't care for the guy. He was gifted a talented roster and is riding the wave of a culture change. If anyone needs to be poached from UCF it's Danny White. He knows what he's doing.
Danny’s brother is doing a pretty good kid at FAU ALSO

Advertisement
The thing we dont need to see is coach leach or coach frost at Fsu but at the same time, the worst case scenario and it would be comical if Fsu hired butch davis! I bet alot of people would get quiet in here!

My dream list for them:

Mark Stoops (always close but no cigar, granted it is Kentucky)
PJ Fleck (big Dad energy, not sure it works in Florida...probably works out similar to Fuente at VT)
Heupel (think he is coasting off what Frost built)
Harbaugh (can't win games that matter)

Guys that would concern me (realistic options only):

Campbell (program builder)
Norvell (nothing makes me confident that we could out coach him)
Gundy
Leach (I don't think he's the God that a lot of Boomers here make him out to be, but he would find a way to out scheme us)
Babers

Advertisement
Wish list

Dallas Renegades coach/general manager Bob Stoops
Iowa State coach Matt Campbell
Minnesota coach PJ Fleck
Kentucky coach Mark Stoops
Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables

Other Potential Candidates
Memphis coach Mike Norvell

Clemson offensive coordinator Jeff Scott

Former Georgia/Miami coach Mark Richt

Washington State coach Mike Leach

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn

And Butch Davis. You forgot Butch.

I actually would love that. As a UCF alum and season ticket holder I really don't care for the guy. He was gifted a talented roster and is riding the wave of a culture change. If anyone needs to be poached from UCF it's Danny White. He knows what he's doing.
That's an interesting take...what exactly don't you like about Huepel? I get your points on him walking into a very good situation and all that, but I think he's doing pretty well. At the end of the day, pretty much anyone out there besides Urban, Saban, and Dabo is at least somewhat of a gamble. I do agree with you on White 100%!

That's an interesting take...what exactly don't you like about Huepel? I get your points on him walking into a very good situation and all that, but I think he's doing pretty well. At the end of the day, pretty much anyone out there besides Urban, Saban, and Dabo is at least somewhat of a gamble. I do agree with you on White 100%!
I think White is unpolished to make the jump to a major P5 program like FSU. His game management is poor, IMO. Lots of mismanaged clock situations which is weird because of how high tempo the O is. He's no slouch, I'll give him that. But a few more years at UCF and conference titles/big bowl victories then he can have his pick of the liter.

If you are gonna drop 20 million on a buyout, I would think you would have a short list of real targets you could get. You don’t drop that cash for just a hope of a great candidate maybe wanting the job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
23608.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back