FSU Game 1

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Pop out in foul territory, strikeout, strikeout. A sparkling start at the plate as always.

Advertisement
Had a chance with the bases loaded and one out in the 9th, but of course we struck out twice to end it without giving ourselves a shot. Amditis looked at all three strikes. Maybe if we had more technology, he would have known to swing at one or two of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
15 Ks in the game. We must be setting records in that statistic this year. Amditis looking at three strikes with the bases loaded to end the game is brutal.

This team is beyond gone. Can only hope to steal one on getaway Sunday. Expecting another shutout tomorrow honestly.

Amditis used to hit grand slams in that spot.

The one guarantee at UM these days is that you're completely on your own when it comes to player development. You'll be worse at baseball when you leave because you chose to play at the laziest program in the country.

Advertisement
So Amditis didn’t swing once because of development. He just doesn’t know that he should swing. That’s what you’re going with.

FYI, a high school showcase isn’t the same situation.

You guys can’t decide if the coaches are lazy (what we have said since 2010) or if Blake James is handcuffing the program by not spending money.

It’s obviously a combination of both. The bigger issue being the coaching, recruiting, development, etc ... as it relates to the staff. The other part isn’t as much about money as it is about the staff as well. They are stuck in their ways and haven’t evolved with the way a program is run and have failed to embrace the technology and “facility” type things that can help make your players, and the program in general, better.

Advertisement
You guys can’t decide if the coaches are lazy (what we have said since 2010) or if Blake James is handcuffing the program by not spending money.

Since you'll never admit to being wrong:

Our coaches refuse to utilize analytics or anything beyond the level of Tom Emanski training videos to develop our players. Meanwhile, Blake James and the BOD keep us hamstrung with bad hires and no upgrades to our facilities, although they did approve the new TVs in the concession area so people can watch us lose while they wait 2 innings for a $7 milkshake.

My claim all along has been that our coaches are to blame, but lazy recruiting isn't even close to the only problem. They're some ostriches. That we don't have a covered batting cage is a major problem, as it's the most basic thing other major (and not major) programs are offering in 2018.

Last edited:
So Amditis didn’t swing once because of development. He just doesn’t know that he should swing. That’s what you’re going with.

FYI, a high school showcase isn’t the same situation.

And you're going with we shouldn't have recruited him? A kid who led PBC in hitting in 2015. That's what you're going with?

And you're going with we shouldn't have recruited him? A kid who led PBC in hitting in 2015. That's what you're going with?

Show me where I said that we shouldn't have recruited Amditis and I'll pay for your football season tickets for the next three years.

My claim all along has been that our coaches are to blame, but lazy recruiting isn't even close to the only problem.

All along? The whole facilities thing started about a week ago. We couldn't hit against Pitt and all of a sudden it was because we don't have covered batting cages.

Advertisement
Back