FSU finds replacement game for WVU.

Advertisement
Pitiful, just pitiful.

...by wvu. i hope you aren't implying that fsu ran out of this one. as much as i hate fsu, this totally has nothing to do with them being lame. wvu pulled some sissy crap.

I have a hard time believing than Savannah State was the best that FSU could come up with as a replacement. They're pretty much the worst FCS team in existence. Since 2000, their overall record is 20-109. They've had 2 wins or less in ten of the last 12 seasons.

Sorry, but this has Jimbo Fischer's stink all over it; he's said many times before that he wants fewer big OOC games and more patsies. This is pretty much the biggest patsy there is.

Pitiful, just pitiful.

...by wvu. i hope you aren't implying that fsu ran out of this one. as much as i hate fsu, this totally has nothing to do with them being lame. wvu pulled some sissy crap.
Why would you think I was implying that FSU ran out of anything?

What's pitiful is that FSU picks up an automatic win without breaking a sweat. I have no doubt that FSU is very happy with this outcome.

Advertisement
i wasn't sure, dingaan.

from what i understand, wvu dropped fsu pretty late. there aren't very many teams that fsu could have picked up so late, although they probably did choose the easiest of the ones available. if that were us, i would hope that we would have done the same thing.

Make no mistake FSU wanted out of this game as well. FSU was going to play in it, but not happily. WVU was willing to buy thei way out and FSU was thrilled to accept, along with some extra cash in their pocket.

i wasn't sure, dingaan.

from what i understand, wvu dropped fsu pretty late. there aren't very many teams that fsu could have picked up so late, although they probably did choose the easiest of the ones available. if that were us, i would hope that we would have done the same thing.

Their other OOC games are UF, USF, and Murray State. So with the addition of Savannah State, they'll be playing 2 FCS schools and one school (USF) who went 1-6 in a weak Big East and 5-7 overall. If that were us, I'd hope we wouldn't do that. When you play in a weak league like the ACC, you need something better than 2 FCS teams on your OOC schedule.

Last edited:
Make no mistake FSU wanted out of this game as well. FSU was going to play in it, but not happily. WVU was willing to buy thei way out and FSU was thrilled to accept, along with some extra cash in their pocket.

Except that, as of now, FSU is still going to Morgantown next year to play their end of the series. WVU waited until the last second to cancel. FSU looked around all of the BCS AQ and non AQ conferences and tried to find a one year replacement, or a home and home, that wouldn't require a complete retooling of the schedule over multiple years. They couldn't find one, so they had to take what was available. It happens.
It does suck that there isn't a better opponent available, but that is on WVU.

Advertisement
Now the ACC is trying to find an opponent for Georgia Tech. GT agreed to play VT on Labor Day which messed up their OOC schedule. LINK

I thought I heard something about us playing Boston College on Labor Day. Would they be playing both games or was that something that just didn't pan out?

Tech was scheduled to play Middle Tennessee State on Sept. 8. However, with a short week of preparation following the Sept. 3 game in Blacksburg, Va., the school preferred to face an FCS opponent.
middle tenn pretty much counts as an FCS opponent anyway

Advertisement
Back