FSU fans saying this to me

Funny thing is with these sort of posts by the OP is that there is alot to criticize Golden and his
staff for...heck, even more to criticize with the Athletic Director and Shalala.
But then you read some of the nonsensical tripe being spewed on this board...quoting idiot
nole fans, another talented porster blaming Golden for not allowing former players on the sidelines,etc....
and they actually do a disfavor to many of the legit Golden criticism.

Advertisement
Before Winston showed up Jimbo was garbage so if you recruit well and get a little lucky all of sudden you become a better coach.

Before Winston showed up Jimbo was garbage so if you recruit well and get a little lucky all of sudden you become a better coach.

Jimbo is not garbage. He's an ok coach who happens to be an elite recruiter -- similar to Butch Davis (though not nearly as good as Butch at developing talent). But your point is not completely off. Just look at how FSU struggled against Clemson without his Heisman winning quarterback (the same Clemson team on which G Tech ran a train this weekend). There's a reason FSU is willing to sacrifice all institutional integrity in order to keep Winston eligible. Jimbo's defensive coordinator is over his head. They have done nothing to develop a capable backup for Winston. And they similarly failed to properly develop depth in their recruiting of WRs, thus having to rely on two true freshmen. Very few of Jimbo's players have performed up to expectations in the league, which should also tell you something about his development of players. At the end of the day, Jimbo is a better HC than Golden, primarily -- but not exclusively -- because he can and does recruit studs, especially along the defensive line. If we had FSU's interior linemen last night, we smoke FSU.

they are telling me how they hope we keep golden because he is lost. My one friend said "if half your kids played for Jimbo they would be all ACC" smh. everyone sees what is going on.

Suddenly, Seminole fans are experts.

No, but they're almighty grateful for Golden.

They have a residual fear of Miami from years past, so you can bet they are thrilled Golden is here at Miami.

Some FSU fans would vapor-lock if it were announced that Butch Davis was coming back. To FSU, that's a nightmare.

Advertisement
they are telling me how they hope we keep golden because he is lost. My one friend said "if half your kids played for Jimbo they would be all ACC" smh. everyone sees what is going on.

They have a residual fear of Miami from years past, so you can bet they are thrilled Golden is here at Miami.

Some FSU fans would vapor-lock if it were announced that Butch Davis was coming back. To FSU, that's a nightmare.

That's not the tune they were singing at half time. A number of them were saying "if our coaching staff prepared our players like Miami's does, all our games will be over before halftime." The vitriol for Jimbo among Nole fans was strong, even after the game. What they didn't know at halftime is that our corch, when he gets a lead, goes into a bunker, prays to Joe Joe Paterno, and completely f*cks up brilliant execution by his coordinators hoping the clock, rather than his team, wins the game.

That's not the tune they were singing at half time. A number of them were saying "if our coaching staff prepared our players like Miami's does, all our games will be over before halftime." The vitriol for Jimbo among Nole fans was strong, even after the game. What they didn't know at halftime is that our corch, when he gets a lead, goes into a bunker, prays to Joe Joe Paterno, and completely f*cks up brilliant execution by his coordinators hoping the clock, rather than his team, wins the game.[/QUOTE

I didn't say siht about halftime. I'm speaking of what just happened to me this morning!

Cursed, I live in the land of Noles and Alabama/Auburn fans. More Nole fans around here than bacteria in a case of the clap.

I'm telling you - they LOVE Golden. And why NOT? Beat us the last four with Golden, and with our retarded BOT and Administration - we're probably stuck with this **** for another year.

And they're really disappointed Muschamp is leaving. They loved him too.

he won with EJ Manuel

Is this supposed to mean something? FSU was universally regarded as one of the most disappointing teams in the country during the Manuel era. His redshirt junior and senior years, FSU was as talented as any team in the country yet won nothing worth a ****.

Didnt They win the ACC twice and the Orange Bowl and every bowl game they played in?

the only reason they were considered a dissappointment because their fanbase expected national titles. How would this fanbase feel if we won the ACC and the OrangeBowl?

I cannot stand Golden at this point, but this makes zero sense. The kids playing for Jimbo were much more highly regarded out of high school. Yet, with a Heisman trophy winner at the helm, Jimbo could barely muster enough out of his kids to beat an overmatched team with a true freshman quarterback. Lulz. The stroking of Jimbo continues among Canes fans. Dude can recruit and has no accountability standards, so the teams he puts out on the field are simply more talented than most. Again, with f*cking Al Golden leading an inferior Miami team, we controlled most of the game and should have won despite costly turnovers and a group of refs who forgot what holding meant whenever FSU had the ball. That's not a compliment for Golden; it's an indictment of Jimbo. If Jimbo was such a master motivator, why does his team consistently sh*t the bed against inferior teams and have to come from behind almost weekly? Without the rapist, he is a mediocre corch who can recruit with the best.

Some Miami fans dont see straight. Its sort of hard to even have a debate with someone who makes a post like this.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Great theory when it took 3 turnovers and a bullshat refusal to review Oleary fumble for them to win.

Always better to stumble backwards into a win I guess. I sure hope they aren't whining about ACC officiating anymore...it's all they have.

UM

You are full of it. UM came within a hair of winning that game & FSU knows they suck. GO CANES!

It's funny...I heard from 2 friends yesterday who are both Gator fans and they are both rooting for Golden to keep his job.

Do the math.

It's funny...I heard from 2 friends yesterday who are both Gator fans and they are both rooting for Golden to keep his job.

Do the math.

And, of course, gator fans are known for being some of the most astute, if not objective, college football fans one could
ever encounter.
Right up there with WVU, notre lame, UFO, and 9-11 conspiracy theorists.

Advertisement

Do the math.

And, of course, gator fans are known for being some of the most astute, if not objective, college football fans one could
ever encounter.
Right up there with WVU, notre lame, UFO, and 9-11 conspiracy theorists.

That's the point. It doesn't take an astute person to analyze Golden's body of work and come to the conclusion that he's in over his head.

When FSU and UF fans want your coach to stay....it means things have gotten bad.

It's the same way we all wanted Muschamp to be retained.

Oh boy. That's trash talking idiot. Next time instead of running here to tell your friends, fight back and tell the FSU fans to go f#ck themselves.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back