FSU Commit Quashon Fuller Still Has An Open Recruitment

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Despite his current commitment to Florida State, Quashon Fuller is quickly emerging as one of the top defensive line targets for the Miami Hurricanes. The 6’4’’ 280 pound defensive lineman is trying to cut 15 pounds off his weight and one thing that will determine his target weight is whether he plays defensive end or defensive tackle.

“I don’t really have any feelings about it, I just want to play. I’ll put my hand in the dirt, I’ll stand up, it’s whatever I’ve got to do to help my team out.”

Fuller was not satisfied with his performance last season, and one issue was an injury.

“I did alright. I could have done better. I was limited to 3 games due to a torn labrum.”

Fuller already knows what he wants to do during his senior season.

“I’d like to lead the area in sacks. Get as many sacks and tackles as I can and have an unbelievable senior season.”

What is one thing Fuller wants everyone to know about him?

“I would never quit. I am always going hard for four quarters. I am always going to push my teammates. You could say I’m a coach on the field. I always look at down and distance. I always think about what move I am going to do. Stuff like that.”

Fuller was out competing at the Opening Finals in Texas this week among the best of the best. Prior to attending the Opening, Fuller had never been against an offensive lineman as good as fellow Miami target Evan Neal.

“We went three times, I beat him 1 out of 3 times.”

After spending a few days in Texas, Fuller is still confident in his ability.

"I felt like I performed well. There’s still stuff I have to work on. Like I’ve said, I just want to prove that I deserve to be on the field with those guys. The toughest O-Lineman today was the Tennessee commit (Wanya Morris).”

Fuller, who has visited Miami twice this offseason, continues to say that he is solid to FSU.

“I’m pretty solid, just looking around that’s all.”

The most recent of these visits to Miami was for the “Miami Nights” barbeque.

“I was just more focused on building a relationship with the players and the coaches. I’ve already seen the school part of it. And I liked to see the area around it, it was nice. My dad stays up there, so I'd be able to see him more. At Miami, all I've got to do is work hard and Miami will be the old Miami again.”

Fuller, understandably, was not pleased with the Seminoles performance in 2017.

“We just got to improve.”

One team that did impress him last year was Miami.

“Miami was actually pretty impressive. I didn’t see that coming out of Miami. They were just showing they could roll with the big dogs too.”

Fuller predicted that Miami and FSU both go 10-2 this upcoming season, including a Seminoles win over Miami in early October.

While Fuller has not been to an FSU practice under Coach Taggart, he has seen practices at Miami and Georgia.

Fuller is looking to visit Miami, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Florida State once the dead period ends, but he is not expected to be at Paradise Camp.

What has been the best part of the process for Fuller?

“Being able to watch film with the players and being able to go watch them practice and see how the everyday life is.”

While Fuller is already knee deep in the recruiting process, he has not ruled out taking a serious look at a certain schools that have not offered him yet.

“The only schools that would have that opportunity would be Michigan and Ohio State.”

Fuller is on pace to be able to enrollee early, but he has not made a final decision as to if he will pursue this route.

Advertisement
Recruiting has honestly become boring. These kids are such media whores.

I am at the point just take me to December early signing period and I will read the list.

I don’t think I ever read any of the stories. Just the thoughts of a 30 year veteran.

There are going to be several guys like this we can’t count on, but that we have to keep recruiting.

I didn’t think we were going to pull Joyner last year and we did. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

While guys like this can’t be the core of our recruiting strategy, this has been a strange year in recruiting, so we have to accept we are going to have several like this, that we are just going to have to stay after them, no matter where they’re leaning, or committed.

Don’t count on them, but stay after them, and hope you get the law of averages on one or two.

Advertisement
Obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer, predicting FSU to go 10-2 AND beat the Canes? Sounds a little delusional to me.

Let me say this here, alot of the d-line recruits are in wait and see mode right, other schools are playing the "jeff simpson is new role" alot of them want to come in, once we get into the season, and people see how hard our d-line plays, simpson will be done made a believer out of them, and we'll be straight. The recruits who have spent time with jeff gained alot of knowledge and got better in that small amount of time. We gone start making noise.

I'll say this bout 4quashon, at heart he's all Cane, when guys saw us play this year on t.v. they began to see what alot of the real nephews have been waiting to see for a long time and that's UM dominating and having fun. The notre shame and V-tech performances to go along with the turnover chain, coach richt is bringing it all back. Throw in the way we beat Fsu, i Loved it cause that was payback and better than the blocked fieldgoal thet had the year before, that made em sick, and on their so called best db, in short, that's Miami Style!

Advertisement
Come on man that is literally the opposite of what he said. Doesn't care where he plays on the line.

Someone must have gotten in his head because a few months ago he said in an interview he is only going to talk to schools that want him playing DE only

There are going to be several guys like this we can’t count on, but that we have to keep recruiting.

I didn’t think we were going to pull Joyner last year and we did. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

While guys like this can’t be the core of our recruiting strategy, this has been a strange year in recruiting, so we have to accept we are going to have several like this, that we are just going to have to stay after them, no matter where they’re leaning, or committed.

Don’t count on them, but stay after them, and hope you get the law of averages on one or two.

You are spot on, OCCC. We should not hold our breaths waiting and hoping that this kid will sign, but the reality is in today's recruiting world there are so many factors at play that make it such a fluid process. So many kids will end up flipping before it's all said and done, and we should be in position to land a few of them if it is beneficial for us.

Pursue other DTs/DEs (I personally think he's a DT in our system), but keep in touch with him in case we have a shot. We sign him - great. We don't - no biggie.

My guess is he won't be signing with FSU, but I don't think he signs with us, either. But he's a good enough talent at a position of need to wait it out and see what happens.

Advertisement
Thinking FSU is going 10 -2 & beating UM at home is going to work out for us with Quashon Fuller recruitment.

Advertisement
I remember during the Donaldson recruitment he referred to Searels in an article as “MY” coach before he signed. I get you still have to recruit someone, but the probability that this young man is open to free trips and the love of being recruited is far greater than truly considering us a final destination.

Why don’t you wave some gator pom poms while you’re at it?
Man you always hating on here! Just because I’m a canes fan doesn’t mean I can’t see clear **** you ignorant little hoe. I don’t even care about quashon like that if he comes good if he doesn’t good but they selling him on the 3-4 and he fits that it’s not me being a gators fan is me knowing football.

Advertisement
Back