FSU Coaching Salaries - Are we Competitive?

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Kenny Dillingham (Offensive Coordinator): 3 years, 625,000 annually
David Johnson (Running Backs Coach, Recruiting Coordinator): 2 years, $400,000 in Year 1 and $450,000 in Year 2
Chris Thomsen (Tight Ends Coach, Deputy Head Coach): 2 years, $500,000 annually
Alex Atkins(Offensive Line Coach): 2 years, $500,000 annually
Adam Fuller (Defensive Coordinator): 3 years, $800,000 annually
John Papuchis (Defensive Ends Coach/Special Teams Coordinator): 3 years, $550,000 annually
Chris Marve (Linebackers Coach/Run Game Coordinator): 2 years, $500,000 annually

Odell Haggins and Ron Dugans have contracts that have not expired and are still in effect. Haggins' contract expires at the end of January. His listed annual salary is $472,000. Dugans' contract goes through the entirety of this year, and he'll make $450,000.

Some of these assistants took pay cuts to work for Norvell at FSU, For instance, Johnson was making roughly $505,000 at Tennessee according to reports.

FSU is paying a buyout to Maryland for Papuchis, Tennessee for Johnson and Mississippi State for Marve. The specific amount owed to those universities is not listed in the LOUs, although a 90-day payment date is listed.

These numbers don't include Marcus Woodson, whose LOU is not complete

-Staff salary is $4,797,000 before accounting for Woodson (LOU not finalized). -Pool for assistants is $5,250,000

Advertisement
And lashlee is getting over 1 million. Before the Diaz to temple thing they were willing to pay him over 1 million before losing him too
Out of curiosity, where are these numbers coming from? I've seen it tossed around plenty on here but I always assumed it was just conjecture because I haven't seen it outside of this message board.

Out of curiosity, where are these numbers coming from? I've seen it tossed around plenty on here but I always assumed it was just conjecture because I haven't seen it outside of this message board.
Smu reporter from 247 around the time lashlee was hired said that in a thread and enos salary was 1.5 million per a number of sources.

Advertisement
Ultimately I think Richts initial staff was well compensated at certain spots and on the last staff Diaz constructed obviously enos had an elite salary

Kenny Dillingham (Offensive Coordinator): 3 years, 625,000 annually
David Johnson (Running Backs Coach, Recruiting Coordinator): 2 years, $400,000 in Year 1 and $450,000 in Year 2
Chris Thomsen (Tight Ends Coach, Deputy Head Coach): 2 years, $500,000 annually
Alex Atkins(Offensive Line Coach): 2 years, $500,000 annually
Adam Fuller (Defensive Coordinator): 3 years, $800,000 annually
John Papuchis (Defensive Ends Coach/Special Teams Coordinator): 3 years, $550,000 annually
Chris Marve (Linebackers Coach/Run Game Coordinator): 2 years, $500,000 annually

Odell Haggins and Ron Dugans have contracts that have not expired and are still in effect. Haggins' contract expires at the end of January. His listed annual salary is $472,000. Dugans' contract goes through the entirety of this year, and he'll make $450,000.

Some of these assistants took pay cuts to work for Norvell at FSU, For instance, Johnson was making roughly $505,000 at Tennessee according to reports.

FSU is paying a buyout to Maryland for Papuchis, Tennessee for Johnson and Mississippi State for Marve. The specific amount owed to those universities is not listed in the LOUs, although a 90-day payment date is listed.

These numbers don't include Marcus Woodson, whose LOU is not complete

-Staff salary is $4,797,000 before accounting for Woodson (LOU not finalized). -Pool for assistants is $5,250,000
We are beating FSU. Need to look higher in the polls.

Advertisement
Some interesting things..

- The OC's salary seems pretty low compared to other coaches on the team; would think that he should be making more than 25% more than the TEs coach (even though he is the "Deputy Head Coach") and OL coaches

- The LB coach is also the run game coordinator... is that normal? A defensive position coach is also part of the offense game planning?

- Who is coaching the WRs and DBs? The OC and DC? Or are they still looking for them?

Actually, is their website out of date as what is on their site does not match what you have:

Mike NorvellHead Coach
Odell HagginsAssociate Head Coach/Defensive Tackles Coach
Alonzo HamptonSpecial Teams Coordinator
Mark SnyderDefensive Ends Coach
David KellyWide Receivers Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
Greg FreyRun Game Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach
Walt BellOffensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
Lawrence DawseyCo-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers
Brad LawingDefensive Ends/Outside Linebackers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back